Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recover lost data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers recover lost data Post 11475 by pkappaz on Wednesday 5th of December 2001 10:33:20 PM
Old 12-05-2001
Data recover lost data

I did a rm -r command on a directory. I would like to know if there is any way I can recover the data that was lost during this operation.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HDD damaged, help me to recover data

I can't mount root partition. I can boot GRUB but when root partition mounting step the screen show me message: init not found. I don't want to recover linux OS, I only want to recover /root/*.* files In windows OS I use Easy Recovery but I don't know software which recover data in linux OS.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleghost
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover data from 2 files then combine

Using dd or similar tools to recover data from 2 damaged cdroms, I need a way to then combine the 2 files, 1 from each cd, and make a good file: this all result from finding that certain cd's tops scratch easily even when using the "proper" cd markers, hence making the file useless, however the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint65
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to recover data from lost+found

Hi All, I am facing a problem of filesystem corruption,where i am trying to recover data with fsck -f <device name> ,now it restore the corrupted data in lost+found directory.Please let me know how to recover the data from lost+found directory. Thanks, Shailesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbapotikar
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Recover RAID data

Hello, Given a scenario, I have 2 HDD which were used on the server with software RAID. Now, the original server crashed and I have attached these 2 HDD to the new server. Any possible chances to recover the data from any of this HDD ? I want to mount /dev/sdb3 on some folder.. Output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmay
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root password on aix lost, how to recover

Hi guys, we have "forget" the root password for 1 of our AIX machines, how can we reset it? or recover it?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies
GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)

NAME
git-lost-found - Recover lost refs that luckily have not yet been pruned SYNOPSIS
git lost-found DESCRIPTION
NOTE: this command is deprecated. Use git-fsck(1) with the option --lost-found instead. Finds dangling commits and tags from the object database, and creates refs to them in the .git/lost-found/ directory. Commits and tags that dereference to commits are stored in .git/lost-found/commit, and other objects are stored in .git/lost-found/other. OUTPUT
Prints to standard output the object names and one-line descriptions of any commits or tags found. EXAMPLE
Suppose you run git tag -f and mistype the tag to overwrite. The ref to your tag is overwritten, but until you run git prune, the tag itself is still there. $ git lost-found [1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6] GIT 0.99.9c ... Also you can use gitk to browse how any tags found relate to each other. $ gitk $(cd .git/lost-found/commit && echo ??*) After making sure you know which the object is the tag you are looking for, you can reconnect it to your regular .git/refs hierarchy. $ git cat-file -t 1ef2b196 tag $ git cat-file tag 1ef2b196 object fa41bbce8e38c67a218415de6cfa510c7e50032a type commit tag v0.99.9c tagger Junio C Hamano <junkio@cox.net> 1131059594 -0800 GIT 0.99.9c This contains the following changes from the "master" branch, since ... $ git update-ref refs/tags/not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196 $ git rev-parse not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)