Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Feof
Top Forums Programming Feof Post 11405 by primal on Tuesday 4th of December 2001 07:27:38 PM
Old 12-04-2001
Question Feof

Hi Everyone,
I'm having problems with feof
I've storing my variables inside a file, and then in another program, opening that file and recalling the information.
The problem im having is that it's repeating the last set of entries in my while loop.
(if i have one set of product no., quantity, and price in my file, it repeats it twice. if i have two sets or more in my file, it repeats the last set twice)
I think it has something to do with how i have my while(!feof(file)) set up.
Does anyone know what's going on?
Code:
#include[stdio.h]
FILE *invfile;
int prod, qty;
float price;

void main()
    {
     invfile = fopen("file.dat","r");
     while(!feof(invfile))
       {
       fscanf(invfile,"%d %d %f", &prod, &qty, &price);
       printf("Product No.     = %d\n",prod);
       printf("Quantity        = %d\n",qty); 
       printf("Price           = %.2f\n\n",price);
       }
     fclose(invfile);
    }

Thanks!
primal

SQLSRV_EXECUTE(3)														 SQLSRV_EXECUTE(3)

sqlsrv_execute - Executes a statement prepared withsqlsrv_prepare(3)

SYNOPSIS
bool sqlsrv_execute (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Executes a statement prepared with sqlsrv_prepare(3). This function is ideal for executing a prepared statement multiple times with dif- ferent parameter values. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A statement resource returned by sqlsrv_prepare(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sqlsrv_execute(3) example This example demonstrates how to prepare a statement with sqlsrv_prepare(3) and re-execute it multiple times (with different param- eter values) using sqlsrv_execute(3). <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn === false) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } $sql = "UPDATE Table_1 SET OrderQty = ? WHERE SalesOrderID = ?"; // Initialize parameters and prepare the statement. // Variables $qty and $id are bound to the statement, $stmt. $qty = 0; $id = 0; $stmt = sqlsrv_prepare( $conn, $sql, array( &$qty, &$id)); if( !$stmt ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } // Set up the SalesOrderDetailID and OrderQty information. // This array maps the order ID to order quantity in key=>value pairs. $orders = array( 1=>10, 2=>20, 3=>30); // Execute the statement for each order. foreach( $orders as $id => $qty) { // Because $id and $qty are bound to $stmt1, their updated // values are used with each execution of the statement. if( sqlsrv_execute( $stmt ) === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } } ?> NOTES
When you prepare a statement that uses variables as parameters, the variables are bound to the statement. This means that if you update the values of the variables, the next time you execute the statement it will run with updated parameter values. For statements that you plan to execute only once, use sqlsrv_query(3). SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_prepare(3), sqlsrv_query(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_EXECUTE(3)