Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hardware dummy trying to set up Unix workstation for Oracle at home for practice! Post 11371 by tmanpakdee on Tuesday 4th of December 2001 02:07:42 AM
Old 12-04-2001
Hi UncleTony.
Thank you for your advice. I guess I will go ahead with it then. Would you happen to know anything about partitioning to have say two operating systems on the same machine? I'm thinking about having more than one db system on it. Maybe Oracle and SQL Server. Or can i do both on Unix?

Respectfully,
Toneman Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set up the own Unix ENvironment at home

Hello! All Unix Expert, I just graduated from college with Bachalor degree in Computer Information System, and decided to start my career in Unix System. I am trying to set up my own unix Environment at home so that I can get more hand on experience since the class offered by unix vendors are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set up dummy printer on UNIX

Hi, I work at IT department of a home furnishing company in Canada. Presently we are working on printer issue on UNIX system and we like to set up a dummy printer on the system. We are not much sure about the procedure to try it and it woul dbe great if we get some advice to go ahead. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srabanti
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare Workstation for home lab

I was wondering if anyone has used VMWare Workstation? I wanted to practice and learn Unix in a networking environment and have my own home lab. However room and money prevent me from buying several computers to do so. Any input would help thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$HOME Not Getting Set for Oracle Scheduler Script at Runtime

We are researching the possibility of using Oracle 10g Scheduler on Solaris 10 to launch scripts at our site, and the script that I am testing does not get $HOME (and other environment variables) set correctly. Here is the Korn shell script (show_info.ksh): #!/usr/bin/ksh id env | sort Here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
4 Replies

5. Solaris

free software to test the hardware of a sun workstation specially the RAM how about f

hi can anybody give me a site that provide a free software for sun solaris workstation to test above title. i downloaded this RUMT-0.2 sofware in the net but it doesn't work after i try. thnks a lot for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To practice Unix at home

Hi Everyone, Gud Afternoon. Myself Amol working on unix (vi editor ). I want to practice shell scripts and vi editor command at home. So can anyone guide me, if there is any standalone application or some software like vi editor which can be installed at my home PC and i can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol_Dicholkar
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Workstation Hardware - Is it broken?

Hi everyone! I have an odd question - If a sun workstation (Blade 2000) boots up into a login prompt, is there any chance that it could have hardware issues? Or once it gets that far is it 100% working. I cant play with it before buying, so was interested to see if anyone could shed some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajdiamond
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Wants Hardware For Practice?

I want a cheap dedicated machine to install a flavour of unix on and try to learn this OS. I know nothing about unix, just gone out and bought some books etc. Should I just get the cheapest old laptop off Ebay to install it on? What type of unix OS should I install?...a version of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBMPBC
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix set home directory

Hi I've just made a directory, what command do I use to now make it the base directory? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beckywatson
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash set dummy ?

Could somebody please provide me with verbatim description / purpose of the following ? set dummy $ac_prog; ac_word=$2 set dummy $ac_tool_prefix; ac_word=$2 could it be written set dummy $ac_prog; ac_word=$2 set dummy $ac_tool_prefix; ac_word=$2 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anne
9 Replies
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Store::Oracle(3pm)