Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wdb debugger
Top Forums Programming wdb debugger Post 11351 by PxT on Monday 3rd of December 2001 03:34:31 PM
Old 12-03-2001
As I understand it, wdb is just a front-end to gdb. If so, you can "jump" past any function easily. For example, if you are debugging the following code:

Code:
printf("hello, world\n");
this_is_my_function();
printf("goodbye, world\n");

as you are stepping through the code -- lets say you are at line 1 -- you can enter "jump 3" to jump immediately to line 3 thereby skipping line 2 and the function call entirely. If you want to automatically skip a function as the program runs (with no input needed), you might give the following commands to the debugger:

Code:
break this_is_my_function
commands
return
continue
end

That would tell gdb to stop at the specified function, and automatically execute the commands "return" and "continue" which would have the same effect as skipping the function entirely.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to debug with wdb debugger a cobol program?

Hi Forum, i have such a question. I have a cobol program which is calling a C program and in that C program i get a core dump:(. I want to investigate what is the issue using WDB debuger, but a dont see the code from COBOL program in the debuger, when i run the debugger with the exe!!! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vovan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Alternative debugger to GNU insight debugger

GNU insight debugger is not available now a days and it is required to debug/inspect assembly code as written in the book Assembly Language Programming step by step in Linux so my question is; is there any alternative to insight that I can use instead of insight in which I can get the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies
wdb_keys(3)							    util/wdb.h							       wdb_keys(3)

NAME
wdb_keys - return the key and column for the current database (clearsilver) SYNOPSIS
#include <util/wdb.h> NEOERR * wdb_keys (WDB *wdb, char **primary_key, ULIST **data); ARGUMENTS
wdb - open database DESCRIPTION
this function returns the key and column names for the current database RETURN VALUE
primary_key - pointer to the primary key data - pointer to a ULIST of the columns. both of these are allocated structures, you can clear data with uListDestroy (data, ULIST_FREE) SEE ALSO
wdb_destroy(3), wdbr_delete(3), wdb_update(3), wdbr_dump(3), wdb_save(3), wdbr_create(3), wdbr_destroy(3), wdb_attr_set(3), wdb_attr_next(3), wdb_open(3), wdb_column_exchange(3), wdbr_set(3), wdb_column_insert(3), wdbr_save(3), wdbr_next(3), wdb_keys(3), wdb_col- umn_delete(3), wdbc_create(3), wdbr_get(3), wdb_attr_get(3), wdbr_find(3), wdbr_lookup(3), wdb_create(3), wdbc_destroy(3), wdb_col- umn_update ClearSilver 12 July 2007 wdb_keys(3)