Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wdb debugger
Top Forums Programming wdb debugger Post 11351 by PxT on Monday 3rd of December 2001 03:34:31 PM
Old 12-03-2001
As I understand it, wdb is just a front-end to gdb. If so, you can "jump" past any function easily. For example, if you are debugging the following code:

Code:
printf("hello, world\n");
this_is_my_function();
printf("goodbye, world\n");

as you are stepping through the code -- lets say you are at line 1 -- you can enter "jump 3" to jump immediately to line 3 thereby skipping line 2 and the function call entirely. If you want to automatically skip a function as the program runs (with no input needed), you might give the following commands to the debugger:

Code:
break this_is_my_function
commands
return
continue
end

That would tell gdb to stop at the specified function, and automatically execute the commands "return" and "continue" which would have the same effect as skipping the function entirely.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to debug with wdb debugger a cobol program?

Hi Forum, i have such a question. I have a cobol program which is calling a C program and in that C program i get a core dump:(. I want to investigate what is the issue using WDB debuger, but a dont see the code from COBOL program in the debuger, when i run the debugger with the exe!!! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vovan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Alternative debugger to GNU insight debugger

GNU insight debugger is not available now a days and it is required to debug/inspect assembly code as written in the book Assembly Language Programming step by step in Linux so my question is; is there any alternative to insight that I can use instead of insight in which I can get the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies
RHINO-DEBUGGER(1)					      General Commands Manual						 RHINO-DEBUGGER(1)

NAME
rhino-debugger - invokes the rhino JavaScript debugger GUI SYNOPSIS
rhino-debugger [options] script_filename_or_url [script_arguments] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rhino-debugger command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the origi- nal program does not have a manual page. It is written according to the html documentation. rhino-debugger is a start script for the rhino JavaScript debugger. The Rhino JavaScript debugger is a GUI that allows debugging of inter- preted JavaScript scripts run in Rhino. Note that this debugger will not work with JavaScript scripts run in the mozilla browser since Rhino is not the engine used in such environments. OPTIONS
-e script_source Executes script_source as a JavaScript script. -f script_filename_or_url Reads script_filename_or_url content and execute it as a JavaScript script. -opt, -O optLevel Optimizes at level optLevel, which must be an integer between 0 and 9. -version versionNumber Specifies the language version to compile with. The string versionNumber must be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140. See JavaScript Language Versions for more information on language versions. -strict Enable strict mode. EXAMPLE
Example debugging the NervousText.js applet written in JavaScript. The example is provided in the librhino-java-doc package. $ rhino-debugger NervousText.js SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/debugger.html AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Friday 17, 2009 RHINO-DEBUGGER(1)