Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dec-notes ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dec-notes ? Post 11305 by J.P on Sunday 2nd of December 2001 03:04:45 PM
Old 12-02-2001
thx for the help.. and btw, nice christmas decorations Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DEC Unix system

Whats the max number of charaters a password can be on a DEC Unix System? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garryGNU3.3
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Char to Dec using AWK

I'm facing a problem when trying to read a file and convert the content from char to decimal in ASCII. :confused: eg :- Input file : 20051231 8.00 experted result : 50484853495051493256464848 The content of input file is vary very day. I need to use AWK script to program it. Pls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasmine05
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting hex to dec

Hi Experts, I have a file called "hex" which contains info like below How do i convert everything in this file to decimal value? Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Convert Hex value to Dec ?

Hi All, I want to convert below Hex value to Dec value in each column .How to do it ? This data is in a 1 file. 4e20 0475 2710 010f 7530 69a2 7530 7e2f 4e20 02dd 7530 6299 4e20 0c0a 7530 69a2 4e20 0a0b 2710 0048 7530 7955 4e20 0d23 7530 622d 7530 9121 2710 001f 7530 7d3f (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Is DEC OSF/1 3.0A available for download somewhere?

Please let me know Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for which DEC this header is from?

curses.h,v $ $Revision: 4.2.7.3 $ (DEC) $Date: 1994/05/12 18:03:48 $ Which Ultrix and OSF/1 this probably from? Thanks Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
XSetPointerMapping()													      XSetPointerMapping()

Name
  XSetPointerMapping - set the pointer button mapping.

Synopsis
  int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap)
	Display *display;
	unsigned char map[];
	int nmap;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

map	    Specifies the mapping list.

nmap	    Specifies the number of items in the mapping list.

Returns
  MappingSuccess on success; MappingBusy on failure.

Description
  XSetPointerMapping()	sets  the  mapping  of the pointer buttons.  Elements of the map list are indexed starting from 1.  The length of the
  list nmap must be the same as XGetPointerMapping() returns (you must call that first).  The index is a physical button number, and the ele-
  ment of the list defines the effective button number.  In other words, if map[2] is set to 1, when the second physical button is pressed, a
  ButtonPress event will be generated if Button1Mask was selected but not if Button2Mask was selected.	The button member in the  event  will
  read Button1.

No  two  elements  can  have the same non-zero value (else a BadValue error).  A value of zero for an element of map disables a button, and
  values for elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons.  If any of the buttons to be altered  are	currently  in
  the down state, the returned value is MappingBusy and the mapping is not changed.

This	function returns either MappingSuccess or MappingBusy.	XSetPointerMapping() generates a MappingNotify event when it returns Mapping-
  Success.

Errors
  BadValue  Two elements of map[] have same non-zero value.
	    nmap not equal to XGetPointerMapping() return value.

See Also
  XChangeActivePointerGrab(), XChangePointerControl(), XGetPointerControl(), XGetPointerMapping(), XGrabPointer(), XQueryPointer(),  XUngrab-
  Pointer(), XWarpPointer().

Xlib - Pointer														      XSetPointerMapping()