Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dec-notes ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dec-notes ? Post 11294 by rwb1959 on Saturday 1st of December 2001 08:21:26 PM
Old 12-01-2001
To be honest, I've never used Slackware (RH only).
I assume you have the service "dec-notes" named in
/etc/services. Since you've already looked at
the places I would have suggested, I can only
say to try /etc/inittab as well.

Assuming you have the service defined in
/etc/services, you could go to single user mode,
comment out the service on port 3333 then
restart multiuser run level than look for errors
in the system logs to try to trace what is
starting this up. This assumes the service is
started when you go into multiuser mode and
must have a port defined in /etc/services. If
not, then it woun't help much.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DEC Unix system

Whats the max number of charaters a password can be on a DEC Unix System? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garryGNU3.3
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Char to Dec using AWK

I'm facing a problem when trying to read a file and convert the content from char to decimal in ASCII. :confused: eg :- Input file : 20051231 8.00 experted result : 50484853495051493256464848 The content of input file is vary very day. I need to use AWK script to program it. Pls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasmine05
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting hex to dec

Hi Experts, I have a file called "hex" which contains info like below How do i convert everything in this file to decimal value? Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Convert Hex value to Dec ?

Hi All, I want to convert below Hex value to Dec value in each column .How to do it ? This data is in a 1 file. 4e20 0475 2710 010f 7530 69a2 7530 7e2f 4e20 02dd 7530 6299 4e20 0c0a 7530 69a2 4e20 0a0b 2710 0048 7530 7955 4e20 0d23 7530 622d 7530 9121 2710 001f 7530 7d3f (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Is DEC OSF/1 3.0A available for download somewhere?

Please let me know Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for which DEC this header is from?

curses.h,v $ $Revision: 4.2.7.3 $ (DEC) $Date: 1994/05/12 18:03:48 $ Which Ultrix and OSF/1 this probably from? Thanks Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)                                                  Red Hat Cluster Suite                                                 clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)