Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Routing e-mail help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Routing e-mail help Post 11268 by Neo on Friday 30th of November 2001 10:22:11 PM
Old 11-30-2001
I have never seen an MTA reject a message because the sending MTA did not have an MX record. MX records are generally used for sending mail, not receiving. Also, if a MX record is not used, the sending host will attempt the A record.

You may have a different problem. What is the output of trying to send mail from the UNIX box to a 'rejecting host' with the sendmail -v comand line to send a test message?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing

I have SCO Unix. I have 2 routers. as it is now, when someone telnets to UNIX and goes through router #1 everything is fine. The users who go through router #2 can not connect at all. I talked to CISCO and they said I need to set up a second Gateway on UNIX. They said what is happening is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john fli
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Routing

ok i configured my gateway and IP address(es) using ifconfig and route.. but how can i bind unique IPs to users ? (im using FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE #3) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevilGREEN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

4. Linux

Routing

Hello Friends I have two network cards eth0 192.168.100.1 eth1 10.0.0.1 There NIC connect with diff. LAN I want to make my Linux machine as a Router, Please tell me using IPTABLES command ROUTE command :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris mail routing to Windows SMTP server (trailing dot)

Hello, Firstly, appologies, i am a windows man but i'm picking things up really quickly.! We have some Unix boxes on our estate that route mail to a Windows SMTP server. This doesn't seem to work and after looking at the message headers it looks like the mail is getting bounced. :( -----... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M2TTJ
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
SOAP::Transport::POP3(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				SOAP::Transport::POP3(3pm)

NAME
SOAP::Transport::POP3 - Server side POP3 support for SOAP::Lite SYNOPSIS
use SOAP::Transport::POP3; my $server = SOAP::Transport::POP3::Server -> new('pop://pop.mail.server') # if you want to have all in one place # -> new('pop://user:password@pop.mail.server') # or, if you have server that supports MD5 protected passwords # -> new('pop://user:password;AUTH=+APOP@pop.mail.server') # specify list of objects-by-reference here -> objects_by_reference(qw(My::PersistentIterator My::SessionIterator My::Chat)) # specify path to My/Examples.pm here -> dispatch_to('/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules', 'Module::Name', 'Module::method') ; # you don't need to use next line if you specified your password in new() $server->login('user' => 'password') or die "Can't authenticate to POP3 server "; # handle will return number of processed mails # you can organize loop if you want do { $server->handle } while sleep 10; # you may also call $server->quit explicitly to purge deleted messages DESCRIPTION
COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-18 SOAP::Transport::POP3(3pm)