Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can we install Unix in PC or imac? Post 1122 by Mutsu on Friday 9th of February 2001 11:52:11 AM
Old 02-09-2001
I'm a beginner in Unix OS. I really want to know what kind of hardware I need in order to install the Unix OS.(I know Linx can be installed in both Mac & PC, but not Unix)

Thanks to let me ask such question here.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Install

Hi I'm a newbie here and, in Unix. I bought a book to learn the code. I have been in different websites to find information on how to install Red Hat Linux 7.2 on my system, but I may not understand what's going on. All I see on the sites is ftp sites for download but when you click on the links... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Millienc
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Just Got A New iMAC G5 !!!

Hi! I just got a new iMAC G5 (20") and I love it!!!! Amazon dropped the price $200, and there was also a $150 rebate, making it around $1325, so I could not resist anymore Finally!!!! Neo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

New iMac purported graphic issues

A really silly thing I did about a year ago (probably after one beer too many) was upgrading my perfectly stable Windows XP Pro to Windows Vista. Vista is really getting on my nerves, so I was in Media Markt the other week looking to see if they had Windows 7 Ultimatum in stock. As I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

A program crashed my iMac so bad that it could not start up.

Hi, Solid as a rock or ... Is it possible for a program to damage an iMac (Snow Leopard) so bad that it cannot start up again, and need to be repaired? I am asking about this, because this seems to have occurred two days ago, when I was running a popular game program. When I closed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASL123
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Let your iMac/MBP detect a burglar whilst idle...

Hi folks... (Apologies for typos.) I have been working on a very simple MacBook_Pro/iMac centric project. I have called it Spy . If you just want to test for fun you only need ./Spy and this defaults to a 5 second video with Medium sensitivity from the working directory whre Spy is. (Just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
lib(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  lib(3pm)

NAME
lib - manipulate @INC at compile time SYNOPSIS
use lib LIST; no lib LIST; DESCRIPTION
This is a small simple module which simplifies the manipulation of @INC at compile time. It is typically used to add extra directories to perl's search path so that later "use" or "require" statements will find modules which are not located on perl's default search path. Adding directories to @INC The parameters to "use lib" are added to the start of the perl search path. Saying use lib LIST; is almost the same as saying BEGIN { unshift(@INC, LIST) } For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is added to @INC in front of $dir. To avoid memory leaks, all trailing duplicate entries in @INC are removed. Deleting directories from @INC You should normally only add directories to @INC. If you need to delete directories from @INC take care to only delete those which you added yourself or which you are certain are not needed by other modules in your script. Other modules may have added directories which they need for correct operation. The "no lib" statement deletes all instances of each named directory from @INC. For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is also deleted from @INC. Restoring original @INC When the lib module is first loaded it records the current value of @INC in an array @lib::ORIG_INC. To restore @INC to that value you can say @INC = @lib::ORIG_INC; CAVEATS
In order to keep lib.pm small and simple, it only works with Unix filepaths. This doesn't mean it only works on Unix, but non-Unix users must first translate their file paths to Unix conventions. # VMS users wanting to put [.stuff.moo] into # their @INC would write use lib 'stuff/moo'; NOTES
In the future, this module will likely use File::Spec for determining paths, as it does now for Mac OS (where Unix-style or Mac-style paths work, and Unix-style paths are converted properly to Mac-style paths before being added to @INC). SEE ALSO
FindBin - optional module which deals with paths relative to the source file. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, 2nd June 1995. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 lib(3pm)