Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Changing Ip Address On Hp 700 Server Using Unix. Post 11174 by SAVDBYHIM on Thursday 29th of November 2001 09:44:42 PM
Old 11-29-2001
Java Changing Ip Address On Hp 700 Server Using Unix.

How do you change the ip address on a server using Unix?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing IP address

Hi, I am going to shift my Unix workstation to another lab. So I need to change the IP address. Please tell me how to change the Network IP address, what is the commands, what to take care? Thank you very much and have a very nice day. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies

2. AIX

Changing the IP Address

I need to change the IP address on one of your Unix machines - P630, AIX5.2. I plan on using SMIT to perform this function. These are the steps that I have put together so far: 1. Select Communications Applications & Services - Select TCP/IP - Select Minimun Configuration & Startup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Changing the ip address

Help me save my Unix box. I've had this Unix box (Enterprise 450) for about 7 years now. It was being used as a file server for a Macintosh Prepress department. All of our networking was done through Helios Etharshare. I am still currently up and online (however the location has changed). Our ip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ubed
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Sending msg From Unix Server to an E-mail Address

Dear Brothers in Unix I would like to change some HP-UX settings in order that the system send a message to root it should be copied to my e-mail address in Microsoft Exchange Server. Please can you help me. Best Regards and thanks in advance Gege (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the IP address in unix server

Hi, I want to know the IP of my Unix server in my script programming. Below are the my trial and i didn't find anything useful for me.because i want only IP. hostname -> Giving the name of the server and hostanme -i -> Giving the error message that..i am not super user. ipConfig ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balamani
7 Replies

6. AIX

changing ip address

Hi, I am using aix 5300-07, I am facing strange issue in aix. I have changed the ip address and gateway of aix server , it is showing the right ip address but it is taking old gateway ip address. I have used netstat -r command and found it is showing 2 Default gateway. I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Changing IP address on NCR UNIX

Can someone assist please. I am trying to change IP address on NCR UNIX using tcpconfig but the address wont change!! Using ifconfig -a I still see the old address! This is on an NCR S24 server. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vusi Boutu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date stopped changing on Unix server

Hi, I don't have a lot of info, so I'm sure this is a long shot. But figured I'd check to see if this issue rings a bell with anyone. Two weeks ago a Unix server stopped updating the date. So everyday it shows the same system time. It's been manually changed to the correct date, but then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: no_clue
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Changing IP address

My work has a Unix based system that currently has the IP address 192.9.2.25 We recently changed internet providers from DSL to Cable. By doing so, we had to get a new router (Belkin) since the DSL provider had a wireless router/modem in one. With the DSL setup, I was able to change the router's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Len351
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Problem changing the email address associated with my UNIX.com account

Hello I have had an account for many years. I have attempted to change the email address associated with my account. After logging-in to unix.com and revising my email address, I received a 're-verification' email at that new address. The first link in that email took me to a page with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irb
1 Replies
bootpquery(1M)															    bootpquery(1M)

NAME
bootpquery - send BOOTREQUEST to BOOTP server SYNOPSIS
haddr [htype] [options] DESCRIPTION
is a diagnostic function used to check the configuration of the Internet Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server, bootpd(1M). This function can only be run by the superuser, since it uses reserved ports. constructs a boot request with the supplied parameters to send to the BOOTP server, and prints the contents of the BOOTP server reply (as shown in below). Note that formats and prints RFC-1048 or CMU-style vendor information included in the BOOTREPLY. The BOOTREQUEST packet is broadcast on the BOOTP server port, If a BOOTP server is configured to respond to the request, it returns a BOOTREPLY packet on the BOOTP client port, can only display BOOTREPLY packets when the BOOTP server broadcasts the reply on the client port or when the hardware address and IP address supplied in the BOOTREQUEST are those of the host on which is run. The following options provide the information for the BOOTREQUEST: Hardware address of the BOOTP client; used in the BOOTREQUEST. A BOOTP server responds if it has configuration information for a host with this link-level address. Type of address specified as haddr; may be or The default address type is Specify the internet address of the BOOTP client to be used in the BOOTREQUEST. If the BOOTP client does not know its IP address, the BOOTP server supplies it in the BOOTREPLY. Otherwise, the server returns the BOOTREPLY directly to ipaddr. Specify the name of the BOOTP server to receive BOOTREQUEST. When the BOOTP server is known, the BOOTREQUEST is not broadcast. Specify a vendor name to include vendor information in the BOOTREPLAY. vendor can be specified as or For any other vendor specification, the first four characters of the parameter are used as the vendor magic cookie. Specify that should broadcast the reply back. This option is only valid for on the HPUX 10.0 (or later) release(s). Specify a boot file needed by the BOOTP client. If a boot file is specified in the BOOTREQUEST, the BOOTP server responds only if the server host can make the file available. EXAMPLES
/usr/sbin/bootpquery 02608cee018e ether -s hpserver Received BOOTREPLY from hpserver.hp.com (15.9.18.119) Hardware Address: 02:60:8c:ee:01:8e Hardware Type: ethernet IP Address: 15.9.18.113 Boot file: /export/tftpdir/hp-gw2-confg RFC 1048 Vendor Information: Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0 Bootfile Size: 6 512 byte blocks Domain Name Server: 15.9.18.119 Host Name: hp-gw2 AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
bootpd(1M), tftp(1), tftpd(1M). DARPA Internet Request For Comments RFC951, RFC1048, RFC1084, RFC1395, RFC1542 Assigned Numbers. bootpquery(1M)