Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where to obtain FreeBSD?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where to obtain FreeBSD? Post 11150 by treborwallace on Thursday 29th of November 2001 04:25:08 PM
Old 11-29-2001
Data Where to obtain FreeBSD?

Anyone help ! From where can I download a free version of FreeBSD ?
I am trying to teach myself this OS, have all the documentation needed, but am short the OS itself.

If anyone can send me a link, I would be most appreciative !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to obtain lrecl

I'd want to know the command to obtain the lrecl number of a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leroyj
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Obtain Memory on HP UNIX

Hi, Does anyone know an easy way of getting the memory usage on a UNIX box? I basically want to find the total % available/in use. Running vmstat gives me 'avm' and 'free' but come in bytes and not percents. Didn't see a switch in sar that just gave me the memory stats similar to Sun's -r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesin
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

How can I obtain Hpux?

Hi, How can I obtain Hpux? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arabidi
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to obtain list of users ?

How to obtain list of users found in /home/ and append it to a file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby36
7 Replies

5. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Obtain the remote username?

Hi, I'm new to Unix scripting so I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have trawled the web trying to find an answer to this but have not been able to find out anything. I'm trying to create a script that when supplied with a hostname, will find out information about the remote machine. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Coleyman
2 Replies

7. Programming

to obtain users of each group in c

Hello They have ordered to me that makes several small utilities in C/C++ for the servants, among them a small program in C/C++ to generate a file HTML with the groups of that servant and in addition that is the corresponding users of that group. For example of a group: Group: Sys Members:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermeis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain a variable between subroutines

#!/usr/bin/bash sub1 () { for ((i=0;i<10;i++)) do export a=$i; echo "value of a is $a"; sleep 1 done } sub1 & sub2 () { for ((j=0;j<10;j++)) do echo "value of a is $a"; sleep 1 done } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to obtain info from whois?

Hello, do you know any clever way to get information whether certain domain name become avaialble for registration from bash script? Would be good to check for the availability like every 100miliseconds, i want to catch domain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does IRC obtain the users in a channel?

I'm on an IRC server where the command /names is not a valid command. However, on programs like mIRC and Mibbit, the users in the channel still show up on the GUI where it displays the channel users. What command is being used to obtain the user list? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daigo
2 Replies
ED2K(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ED2K(1)

NAME
ed2k - aMule eD2k link parser SYNOPSIS
ed2k [-c <path>] [-t <num>] [-e] [-l] <eD2k-link> ed2k [-h] ed2k [-v] DESCRIPTION
Sends the given <eD2k-link> to aMule, i.e. writes it to the file ~/.aMule/ED2KLinks, which will be checked by aMule every second for links. [ -c <path>, --config-dir=<path> ] Read config from <path> instead of home [ -t, --category=<num> ] Set category for passed eD2k links to <num> [ -e, --emulecollection ] Loads all link found in the emulecollection given as <ed2k-link> [ -l, --list ] Lists all link found in the emulecollection given as <ed2k-link> [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --version ] Displays the current version number. [ eD2k-link ] Adds an eD2k-link to the core. The eD2k link to be added can be: o a file link (ed2k://|file|...), it will be added to the download queue; o a server link (ed2k://|server|...), it will be added to the server list; o a serverlist link, in which case all servers in the list will be added to the server list; o a magnet link; o an emulecollection file. The order in which you give the parameters is important. You can give more than one link, and every link can have it's own params. For example ed2k <link1> -t2 <link2> will download <link1> in standard category and <link2> in category 2. FILES
~/.aMule/ED2KLinks REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
amule(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k link parser v1.5.1 November 2011 ED2K(1)