Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk formating
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disk formating Post 11086 by doeboy on Wednesday 28th of November 2001 07:06:10 PM
Old 11-28-2001
If you don't touch the disk slices that root and /usr reside on you should be fine.

But you will will have to backup and restore your /opt and /export/home slices before you resize your partitioning.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formating in Echo?

Hi, In my code: echo " Field1 " " Filed2 " " Filed3 " >> $myfile echo "--------" "------- " "--------">> $myfile echo $value1 $value2 $value3 >> $myfile echo $value1 $value2 $value3 >> $myfile echo $value1 $value2 $value3 >> $myfile My file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating date

Guys I have a date value like this in a table -> 2006-12-29 12:57:08(data type varchar2(25)) I am trying to subtract this column from sysdate. I am unable to do that. can u guys suggest me a way to do this.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formating

Dear All I am stuck in one problem. Kindly help me. I am taking below mention file as input file and want some op file as mention below. Kindly send me all possible suggestion and query. Thnaks Jaydeep bELOW IS THE INPUT FILE: *** Connected to BSCANGR ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

Hi all, I want to start a new topic on this matter I have this script, #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; open my $log, '>', 'log-external.txt' or die "Could not open log: $!"; print $log "Subnet,Static,DHCP,Unused\n"; open my $dump, '>', 'dump.log' or die... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formating

Dear all I had input file as mention below and want op as mention. Kindly let me knw possible ways. Regards Jaydeep INPUT: RXOTX-48-1 2A 34 2B 35 RXOTX-499-2 2C 32 RXOTX-4-1 2D 23 OUTPUT: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output

Hello Team i have a file with following data (as columns). I need implement a syntax like below for altering table ALTER TABLE1 TABLENAME ADD COLUMN COL1 CHAR(5) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT ADD COLUMN COL2 CHAR(5) .. .. ADD COLUMN COLn CHAR(5) NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating questions

Hi, I have a data as follows in some files, i want to change CHAR(2-20) to VARCHAR(2-20). I should not touch any line with CHAR(1) Example: Input: cur_rev_stage_cd CHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC NOT NULL, prev_rev_stage_cd CHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX how formating LUN disk

Hello folks, I have Hp.ux 11.31 and I need know how formating in OS new LUN disk attach to system e.g. the wwid: # scsimgr lun_map -D /dev/rdisk/disk4 LUN PATH INFORMATION FOR LUN : /dev/rdisk/disk4 Total number of LUN paths = 2 World Wide Identifier(WWID) =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File formating help

Hi all, I am having the file below I need that as below Thanks, Arun (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formating

I need to create a fixed width file based on the column lengths. lets assume I have six(this may be dynamic) fields each are of different length column1=6 #size of the column column2=3 column3=2 column4=3 column5=4 column6=5 I tried below code snippet but it is not working echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)														GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)

NAME
gluPartialDisk - draw an arc of a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluPartialDisk( GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops, GLdouble start, GLdouble sweep ) PARAMETERS
quad Specifies a quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric). inner Specifies the inner radius of the partial disk (can be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the partial disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the partial disk is subdivided. start Specifies the starting angle, in degrees, of the disk portion. sweep Specifies the sweep angle, in degrees, of the disk portion. DESCRIPTION
gluPartialDisk renders a partial disk on the z = 0 plane. A partial disk is similar to a full disk, except that only the subset of the disk from start through start + sweep is included (where 0 degrees is along the +y axis, 90 degrees along the +x axis, 180 degrees along the -y axis, and 270 degrees along the -x axis). The partial disk has a radius of outer, and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is gen- erated. The partial disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices), and also about the z axis into rings (as speci- fied by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the partial disk is considered to be outside (see gluQuadricOrientation). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing is turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1.0, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1.0), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0.0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0.0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder, gluDisk, gluNewQuadric, gluQuadricOrientation, gluQuadricTexture, gluSphere GLUPARTIALDISK(3G)