Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: path name for Solaris 8 ?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users path name for Solaris 8 ? Post 11065 by b5fnpct on Wednesday 28th of November 2001 11:31:50 AM
Old 11-28-2001
It seems you are using csh. In csh environment, you need to define your environment settings in.cshrc file. And use "setenv PS1 $pwd> " instead of "PS1="$pwd>"; export PS1" and run "source .cshrc" command after you edited the .cshrc file.

Good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Font Path ...

Hello, I feel a little initimidated to ask this question, but ... where am I able to find the font path (Solaris 8)? Bye Sysadv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysadv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10.0 PATH environment

Hello, I am using Solaris 10.0 and defining PATH on command line by the following way: #export PATH=/usr/sfw/bin.... ...but after restart, Solaris forgets what I defined and I need to re-define the same PATH environment. I want to to get defined my PATH environment during booting... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PATH on solaris 8 (bash)

Im trying to setup my profile to export the PATH at login i had this in my .bashrc export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/ however when i login and type echo $PATH i only get bash-2.05$ echo $PATH /usr/bin: any ideas on what im doing wrong? ive used linux for years but this is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: recklessop
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 -- unable to set permanent PATH

Hi, I've read forums far and wide trying to learn how to append to my PATH in Solaris 9 and every time I think I am close I discover my system is not configured the same. Its so frustrating because this all stems from a new server I am trying to setup identical to the production machine. (Of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoraddict
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris zones and PATH

Hi, I use a zoned solaris box, 5.10 Generic_118833-33, E2900. It is used for both a database and application. The databases are installated on one zone and then there are separate live, development and test application zones. There has been a requirement to install openldap on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 MPXIO doesn't recover path failure

I have been running some tests with solaris mpxio, dual-pathed to HDS SAN storage. When I take a path offline, Solaris recognised this and a path is shown as offline in luxadm display <device>. However, it does not recover on reinstatement of the path until I run cfgadm -al. Any ideas? Phil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UKPhil
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 + PATH enviroments variables

Ok, this is the little annoying. I can't set up $PATH variable for all non root users on Solaris 11 express. oracle@DevelopBox01:/export/home/oracle$ cat /etc/default/login ........ # PATH sets the initial shell PATH variable #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 + mpxio Path

Hi, I have an Oracle/Sun T3-2 Server with a duel SAS controller Fujitsu DX60 array attached. I have 2 x SAS HBA's in the T3-2. One HBA cabled to CM0 and one HBA cabled to CM1 of the array. The array is setup with one RAID GROUP and one VOLUME and one LUN In Solaris I can see one device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Boot Path

Hello, I have one query 1) how to find in Solaris 10 a) Boot Path b) Boot Disk name Pls help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Learning Path

Hello, Im fairly new to the UNIX world. Although I have taken Linux admin classes, it's not enough compared on what you do at your job. I just got a new job and they want me to learn Solaris, I got some good books and I started to read, I run the commands and try to follow some basics examples.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
7 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
pwd writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. The following options are available: -L If the PWD environment variable is an absolute pathname that contains neither "/./" nor "/../" and references the current directory, then PWD is assumed to be the name of the current directory. -P Print the physical path to the current working directory, with symbolic links in the path resolved. The default for the pwd command is -P. pwd is usually provided as a shell builtin (which may have a different default). EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cd(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility is expected to be conforming to IEEE Std 1003.1 (``POSIX.1''), except that the default is -P not -L. BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster (although it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a con- taining directory was moved after the shell descended into it). pwd -L relies on the file system having unique inode numbers. If this is not true (e.g., on FAT file systems) then pwd -L may fail to detect that PWD is incorrect. BSD
October 30, 2003 BSD