Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting ONLINE with Debian
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting ONLINE with Debian Post 11042 by z3mo on Tuesday 27th of November 2001 09:01:47 PM
Old 11-27-2001
Question Getting ONLINE with Debian

ok i installed DEBIAN, and i cant get online.. so suppp. i ahve cable and it uses DHCP.
so i ahd red hat Smilie and i jsut type modprobe 8139too, dhcpcd eth0 and... i think thats it.. im pretty sure thats it. but NOW. i install DEBIAN type out my modprobe it works yah yah. then i type out 'dhcpcd eth0' and to my HORROR!!! i saw bash: dhcpcd command nout fould (or somethin like that) ...

so if any1 knows what i did rong, or why it didnt work (maybe i didnt isntall dhcp) ??

but anyways.. ide like some help.. you know Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Debian

Need to upgrade Debian 7.8 to Debian 8.5 (Not 8.5)

Hello, I need to upgrade my Debian system 7.8 to 8.5 but by default via apt-get It moves to 8.6 version(latest stable version). I'm new to Debian so didn't figure out the solution. I've checked few suggestions over internet like editing apt source list file using snapshot archive. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)

NAME
dh_installmodules - register kernel modules SYNOPSIS
dh_installmodules [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--name=name] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmodules is a debhelper program that is responsible for registering kernel modules. Kernel modules are searched for in the package build directory and if found, preinst, postinst and postrm commands are automatically generated to run depmod and register the modules when the package is installed. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.modprobe Installed to etc/modprobe.d/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify preinst/postinst/postrm scripts. --name=name When this parameter is used, dh_installmodules looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.modprobe instead of the usual debian/package.modprobe NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)