Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: run fsck on swap slice?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers run fsck on swap slice? Post 10885 by Prafulla on Friday 23rd of November 2001 01:10:12 AM
Old 11-23-2001
CPU & Memory working fine

Hi....

I unmount that partition....create a newfile system on it and added this slice as swap disk...
that is swap -a /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1
now it is working fine.......

thanks n regds

prafulSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add SWAP to free slice

I'm interested in adding more swap space to my current workstation (Solaris 10). I currently have 2 hard drives installed, however the system was only created with 512MB for swap that resides on drive 1. This drive is already sliced up and all slices are being used. The second drive has two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

fsck run

Hi, Can anybody tell me that is it the command "fsck" can be run by the root account only? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Run fsck from standard login

Hello. I have created a FS /u00/ and created a non-root login under this FS. Also, disabled direct root login. Now is it possible or worth moving this login over to the root partition or allowing mount/umount + fsck from a standard account. As I am not able to run fsck for this FS. How to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having a run fsck manually problem...

so i am pretty dumb when it comes to unix. but i am in the navy and the system i work on is unix based. and we have come across this problem. COULD NOT FIX FILE SYSTEM WITH fsck -P, RUN fsck INTERACTIVELY! LOGGING IN AS root FOR MANUAL fsk, ENTER ^D WHEN FILE SYSTEM FIXED (in bcheckrc)# ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afouts
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

fsck doesn't work - not even run?

Hi, please consider, I'm pretty new to HP-UX, thanks. Our server (rp7420 with HP-UX 11.31) has crashed due to disk write error (not boot partition). So I replaced damaged device with the new one of the same size and performed dd copy 1:1 to restore data - vxfs partition "/dev/vg01/lvol1"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morhoo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

clear swap slice

is there a command that would zero swap slice? I found these instructions: but hoping there is some swap-specific command (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to run fsck on root file system

I am trying to root disk mirroring on SunFire V210 Server. There are two disks on this server c1t0d0 and c1t1d0 . I completed all the steps and I updated the vfstab file too. After I have updated the vfstab file I run df -h command but could not see the changes i made in vfstab. Suddenly the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbi8321
1 Replies

8. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Possible to increase swap size for existing UFS-based drive slice?

I like to increase swap size for my current server running solaris 10. Seems like the system is not using it's full 16G of physical memory. #swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 32,1 16 1058288 1058288 # swap -s total: 4125120k bytes... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: JT-KGY
17 Replies

10. Solaris

Disk corruption? Cant run fsck....

NOTICE: /: unexpected free inode 45262, run fsck(1M) fsck: cannot open vfstab Looks like /etc/vfstab (and a few other files has gone) Any ideas? Boot from cd, mount disk and recreate vfstab so that I can run fsck? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
cmdk(7D)							      Devices								  cmdk(7D)

NAME
cmdk - common disk driver SYNOPSIS
cmdk@target, lun : [ partition | slice ] DESCRIPTION
The cmdk device driver is a common interface to various disk devices. The driver supports magnetic fixed disks and magnetic removable disks. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A sin- gle read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmit- ted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the magnetic disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device (IDE) /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device (IDE) where: cn controller n dn lun n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/cmdk 32-bit kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/cmdk 64-bit kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), scsi(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 cmdk(7D)