Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: converting hex to ascii
Top Forums Programming converting hex to ascii Post 10841 by primal on Wednesday 21st of November 2001 08:10:27 PM
Old 11-21-2001
Question converting hex to ascii (link fixed - sorry about that)

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii.

when i process a form:
" / " turn to " %2F "
" @ " turns to " %40 "
" ' " turns to " %27 "
" ( " turns to " %28 "
" ) " turns to " %29 "

this is my code so far: order.txt

thanks,
primal

p.s. hopefully when i log out of my terminal where the file is... the permissions arent reset this time!!

Last edited by primal; 11-25-2001 at 08:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

4. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

5. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

6. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

7. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to hex

How to convert decimal value to hex and than take 1st digits as variable sample data 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 i can use {printf "%x,%d\n",$1,$2} but than i want to filter base on 1st hex digit 1st recrd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: before4
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
HAL-GET-PROPERTY(1)					      General Commands Manual					       HAL-GET-PROPERTY(1)

NAME
hal-get-property - get a property from a device object SYNOPSIS
hal-get-property [options] DESCRIPTION
hal-get-property retrieves a property from a device object in the HAL device database. For more information about both the big picture and specific HAL properties, refer to the HAL spec which can be found in /usr/share/doc/hal-doc/spec/hal-spec.html depending on the distribu- tion. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --udi The UDI (Unique Device Identifier) of the device object. --key The name of the property. --hex Show int32/uint64 values in hex (without a leading 0x). --verbose Verbose output. --help Print out usage. --version Print the version. RETURN VALUE
If both the property and device object exists the value of the property is printed on stdout and the program will exit with exit code 0. Otherwise the exit code will be non-zero. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the HAL mailing list, see http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/hal on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
hald(8), lshal(1), hal-set-property(1), hal-find-by-property(1), hal-find-by-capability(1) AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <david@fubar.dk> with a lot of help from many others. HAL-GET-PROPERTY(1)