Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I neede help!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I neede help!!! Post 10801 by Treuenfels on Wednesday 21st of November 2001 10:32:06 AM
Old 11-21-2001
Thanks Kelam_Magnus,

i would search for theese keywords...
But I'm very under pressure (better you have completet it yesterday, than today)

In time i have tryed some of your and other ideas, but by many types i gave the system, the system says : "?CNF: xy"

So i have enter "?" and this is the result!

?[cmd]
boot[[-z#][-n] #/path[ARG...]]
cat SCRPT
cnfg [#]
d [-bhw][-s#]RNG
erl [-c]
go [ADR]
init [#][-m][ARG...]
ls [#]
passwd [-c][-s]
printenv [ENV]
restart
script SCRPT
setenv EVN STR
sh [-belvS][SCRPT][ARG...]
t [-l] #/STR[ARG...]
unsetenv EVN

NOW I'm really out of control...

if i type "ls" there a many "tests" and some other things listed, but if i enter some of this, nothing will happen...

This job make me wired... Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find one command from multiple files and need to print that file which contains neede com

Hi all i need your help .. I am having a multiple file in directory and i have find out the Rcopy word from these files and need to print those files which contains the Rcopy word Thanks and regards Vijay sahu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Figure out the minimum os version neede to run executable or link library.

Hello, I need to figure out the minimum OS version needed to run some executable. For the following OS: Linux, AIX, Solaris. For example how do I know the minimum OS version for /bin/ls ? "file" command does not give me much information. There are some tools that are helpful for understanding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
4 Replies
checkpw(8)						      System Manager's Manual							checkpw(8)

NAME
checkpw - checks password against the file ~/Maildir/.password SYNOPSIS
checkpw prog DESCRIPTION
checkpw reads descriptor 3 through end of file and then closes descriptor 3. There must be at most 512 bytes of data before end of file. The information supplied on descriptor 3 is a login name terminated by , a password terminated by , a timestamp terminated by , and possibly more data. There are no other restrictions on the form of the login name, password, and timestamp. If the password is unacceptable, checkpw exits 1. If checkpw is misused, it may instead exit 2. If there is a temporary problem checking the password, checkpw exits 111. If the password is acceptable, checkpw runs prog. prog consists of one or more arguments. Compatible tools There are other tools that offer the same interface as checkpw Note that these tools do not follow the getopt interface. Optional features are controlled through (1) the tool name and (2) environment variables. The password database checkpw checks the password against the content of the file Maildir/.password in the user's home directory corresponding to the login name. Maildir may be overidden through the environment variable $MAILDIR. Process-state changes Before invoking prog, checkpw sets up $USER, $HOME, $SHELL, its supplementary groups, its gid, its uid, and its working directory. FILES
~/Maildir/.password SEE ALSO
checkapoppw(8), qmail-popup(8), qmail-pop3d(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. checkpw(8)