Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem Connecting from Windows base OS to linux Post 1076 by S.Vishwanath on Wednesday 7th of February 2001 08:27:45 AM
Old 02-07-2001
I thank u both for ur favourable suggessations. The problem got solved through the PxT method.

Finally again I would like to thank both PxT & Neo in replying me.

Regards

Vishwa.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connecting SGI to Windows PC

I am trying to network an SGI running Irix 6.5 through an ethernet line to a PC running Windows 2000 (I have connected other PC's to this PC without any problems.) The PC has a DSL connection from Verizon that does not support Unix. I tried using DHCP on the SGI, but when I open a web browser on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to windows from unix

how to connect to windows from unix??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant30
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SCO Unix to print on windows base XP printer

Hi, I have done this year ago, and now I need to do it again, but did not remember how I do it. I have a slip printer on a windows xp workstation and i need to print from SCO unix application to that printer. I try to create a remote printer but the only option available is unix, the other to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comsiconsa
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting UNIX to Windows

Is there a way to connect to Windows from UNIX. From Windows to UNIX, there is a putty that can be used. Is putty also possible to use to connect? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows driver needed for 1000 base tx card (HP)

First of all, excuse my ignorance in my questions, but truth is, I know nothing about Unix. I have recently purchased some A7012A's (dual port, 1000 base T/X) gigabit cards and need to use them in a windows environment. I am trying to see if it is possible to have drivers written for the card... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poaking
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help connecting to linux server from shh client in windows!

I just installed the latest version of unbuntu server and want to connect from windows using a ssh client. This is my first linux server, so bare with me =) For my server... cat /etc/hostsgives me 127.0.0.1 localhost 127.0.1.1 ubuntuHomeI tried using ssh secure shell and putty in vista.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
11 Replies

7. Linux

Problem in dual booting installation of linux on windows

Dear friends, I am experiencing the trouble while installing the Red Hat Linux 4 on top of windows XP, after booting its asking "What type of media contains the packages to be installed". Steps I followed: Step 1: left the free space as unpartitioned, (I also tried with the FAT32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows Server

Hi, One of the folders in UNIX is mapped with a drive on Windows.From this UNIX machine I want to connect to the Windows Server, perform some checks and view the results back on the UNIX machine. For e.g. if I touch a file under the shared folder on UNIX, I should be able to telnet to Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help connecting linux box to Windows - winbindd problem

Hi experts - I hope you can help me. I am trying to resolve Windows host names (aka Netbios names, aka "UNC names) from a Linux box. I have added "dns wins" to the "hosts" line at /etc/nsswitch.conf, and installed samba 3.2.2 and ran "winbindd -D". Now, when I go: "wbinfo -N venus" (where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryg
1 Replies

10. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Connecting windows to Vmware

Hi , I have installed Centos 6.5 in my VMWare on windows 7 , My Internet is running fine on both VMWare OS and windows 7 . When I am trying to connect from putty on my window to Vimware Linux but it does not connect. Please help what should I do to connect the window system to Linux System (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
6 Replies
IPCS(1) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux 0.99 9 October 1993 IPCS(1)