Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun E 10000 scripted shutdown Post 1058 by redfoot on Tuesday 6th of February 2001 02:36:52 PM
Old 02-06-2001
Howdy all. I am trying to configure a command file to be executed from a Sparc station to an E10000 to shut down at the same time. I do not have the hardware in which to actively test the script, but I do need some guidance, and Sun's documention on the E10000 leaves alot to be desired.

Here is what I have so far. The normal shutdown script for the Sun Control terminal is shutdown -y -g0 -10 (solaris 7). I am not familiar with the E10000's role in general (does it have its own user interface, or is control done though a proprietary interface, etc.) Will an E10000 be shutdown when the control terminal is shutdown, or does it need the script I have written below:

#Script remotely executes shutdown command

rsh -n -l root server2 /usr/sbin/shutdown -y -g 60 -i 0

#root is the logon user account this machine is using to #log onto the remote server
#called server2

#the remote command executed is "shutdown" with the #appropriate switches for
#Solaris.

The root account on the control terminal will be trusted.
I have dicussed this with a few other people, and they mentioned something about a "power" command to be included, but I can find nothing on that command besides power management.

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanx

Redfoot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diffrent results between command line and scripted grep

When I type a command at the command line it supplies one result and the exact same command in a script egrep '^01|^02|^03|^04' file > fileout count = 29353 same count in the script yields a count of 23492 is there any reason this could be happening. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripted passwd but it won't really be quiet!

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I have made a script that will always set the password back to a specified value when I log in as root, this is because for testing purposes I regularly change it as I'm logged in..but this isn't the point. The thing that's bothering me is that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tyralia
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripted Document Management System

Over the past 4 -5 years, I have cobbled together a rudimentary 'Document Management System' for a school district I support using Linux Bash Shell scripts.. The purpose of the scripting was to supplement features of a Job Applicant Center that had very simplistic methods of handle file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuledeer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Shutdown the package in SUN cluster

Hi, I have a SUN cluster system. I want to know what script do when the SUN cluster shutdown the package as I may need to modify it ?? Where can I find out this information in the system?? In which directory and log file ??? Any suggestion ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to add 10000 users

Hi All i have written the script to add 10000 users, when i execute the script it had no errors ,but the script is not adding the users. pls correct me. i want it using while loop #!bin/sh count=0 while do useradd username$count count=`expr $count + 1` done ~ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun StorageTek 2540 - shutdown matrix

Hi, I have a simple question on how to correctly disable the matrix? Looking for the Common Array Manager and I do not see this option... Thank for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files into groups of 10000

Hi Guys, First post! I've seen a few options but dont know the most efficient: I have a directory with a 150,000+ text files in it I want to merge them into files contain 10,000 files with a carriage return in between. Thanks P The following is an example but doesnt limit the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripted change of Oracle password on expiry

Hi All, I want to write a shell script to change the password on list of database servers, please guide me how do I achieve this. Please see below sample, how it is asking while manually changing the password, sqlplus test@oracle SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production on Thu Jun 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to for awk print divide value more than 10000?

I have a text file with data in the following format. 042240.Thor!Loki: Asgard>Seus>/usr/Valhalla/Niflheim/Asgardianos/Seus.ec@266:Service Success => Diff time: 25689 msec, Energy loss = 212, Subr = 6969] 042240.Thor!Cap: Asgard>Hera>/usr/Valhalla/Niflheim/Asgardianos/Hera.ec@252:Begin call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)