Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSh install and config
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SSh install and config Post 10552 by LivinFree on Friday 16th of November 2001 05:57:55 AM
Old 11-16-2001
If you're looking for SSH, check out:
http://www.openssh.org/

It's developed by the OpenBSD people, who are famous (notorious?) for writing secure code...

On their website, they recommend the O'Reilly SSH book. I haven't read that one, but I have been more than satisfied with every other O'Reilly book I've ever picked up.

Hope that helps...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH and config.....

Hi all! I'm new to the SSh concept, and i'm supposed to install SSH over 400 servers. I found out how to generate all the keys and the passphrases ( you'll say that ain't that hard!). But now, i just can't get the thing to start. I started sshd on both of my test servers, and on one of 'em, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Editing MySQL config through ssh ?

I need a smal "how to" regarding editing mysql configuration on a unix server. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Denis.R
2 Replies

3. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to config ks.cfg for install another progra.

i create ks.cfg for automatic install for centos 5.2 it's work perfectky for cutom install linux package. and i want to install another program with shell scripts (assume test.tar include in DVD linux custom package)** single dvd include linux os and test.tar sample #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help me urgently.... Regarding Putty SSH Config.

I have downloaded the Putty SSH configuration. I have entered my Host name as illinois.engr.sjsu.edu and i am trying to save that. But i am unable to save. Also i opened the session and entered my log in name But it says using keyboard interactive authentication.I am not able to get into $ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh config file

Hello all I have question regarding the id_dsa keys and authorized_keys file in .ssh directory. I know if we try to SFTP, id_dsa.pub file on server1 will be verified with contents of authorized_keys on other server and SFTP will happen once verification passes. No i want to use id_dsa1.pub... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Firefox: Setting about:config options upon install

Is there a way to set the about:config options for Firefox automatically as part of the installation of Firefox? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't login using ssh after IPMP config.

Dear All, After configuring IPMP in 2 fresh Servers (T5520 and T2000) I can't login in any of them using SSH, I can login by serial console then I had to enable Telnet to access. IPMP works fine. This is the error in /var/adm/messages: sshd: Failed password for lvalle from 172.28.12.95 port... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luis Valle
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh config file different location

I'm trying use 'sed' to change a line on sshd_config file. But the problem is sshd_config file can be two different locations.(eg: /etc/ssh/sshd_config or /usr/local/ssh/sshd_config) Was wondering how to write a shell script to search or mention the sshd_config location? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl - Net::OpenSSH adapter for Net::SSH::Perl API compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); use Net::SSH::Perl; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new('host'); $ssh->login($user, $passwd); my ($out, $err, $rc) = $ssh->cmd($cmd); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a subset of Net::SSH::Perl API on top of Net::OpenSSH. After the module is loaded as... use Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl qw(:supplant); ... it supplants the Net::SSH::Perl module as if it were installed on the machine using Net::OpenSSH under the hood to handle SSH operations. Setting defaults The hash %Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::OpenSSH and other modules called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SSH::Perl API. The entries currently supported are: connection => [ %opts ] Extra options passed to "Net::OpenSSH::new" constructor. Example: $Net::OpenSSH::Compat::SSH::Perl::DEFAULTS{connection} = [ ssh_path => "/opt/SSH/bin/ssh" ]; BUGS AND SUPPORT
This is a work in progress. "register_handler" method is not supported. Net::SSH::Perl submodules (i.e. Net::SSH::Perl::Channel) are not emulated. Anyway, if your Net::SSH::Perl script fails, fill a bug report at the CPAN RT bugtracker (https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=Net-OpenSSH-Compat>) or just send me an e-mail with the details. Include at least: 1 - The full source of the script 2 - A description of what happens in your machine 3 - What you thing it should be happening 4 - What happens when you use the real Net::SSH::Perl 5 - The version and name of your operating system 6 - The version of the OpenSSH ssh client installed on your machine ("ssh -V") 7 - The Perl version ("perl -V") 8 - The versions of the Perl packages Net::OpenSSH, IO::Pty and this Net::OpenSSH::Compat. Git repository The source code repository is at https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat <https://github.com/salva/p5-Net-OpenSSH-Compat>. My wishlist If you like this module and you're feeling generous, take a look at my Amazon Wish List: <http://amzn.com/w/1WU1P6IR5QZ42> Also consider contributing to the OpenSSH project this module builds upon: <http://www.openssh.org/donations.html>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 by Salvador Fandin~o (sfandino@yahoo.com) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.10.0 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-24 Net::OpenSSH::Compat::Perl(3pm)