Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSh install and config
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SSh install and config Post 10550 by a_new_admin on Friday 16th of November 2001 05:39:10 AM
Old 11-16-2001
Error SSh install and config

Hi all...........

I work for a big french car manufacturer.
I'm supposed to put up a secure protocol, that means ssh. I'm looking for free ssh codes and binaries, and the install and config of it...

Any help would be great...

Smilie Smilie Smilie

Thanx

Jason
a_new_admin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH and config.....

Hi all! I'm new to the SSh concept, and i'm supposed to install SSH over 400 servers. I found out how to generate all the keys and the passphrases ( you'll say that ain't that hard!). But now, i just can't get the thing to start. I started sshd on both of my test servers, and on one of 'em, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Editing MySQL config through ssh ?

I need a smal "how to" regarding editing mysql configuration on a unix server. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Denis.R
2 Replies

3. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to config ks.cfg for install another progra.

i create ks.cfg for automatic install for centos 5.2 it's work perfectky for cutom install linux package. and i want to install another program with shell scripts (assume test.tar include in DVD linux custom package)** single dvd include linux os and test.tar sample #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help me urgently.... Regarding Putty SSH Config.

I have downloaded the Putty SSH configuration. I have entered my Host name as illinois.engr.sjsu.edu and i am trying to save that. But i am unable to save. Also i opened the session and entered my log in name But it says using keyboard interactive authentication.I am not able to get into $ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh config file

Hello all I have question regarding the id_dsa keys and authorized_keys file in .ssh directory. I know if we try to SFTP, id_dsa.pub file on server1 will be verified with contents of authorized_keys on other server and SFTP will happen once verification passes. No i want to use id_dsa1.pub... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Firefox: Setting about:config options upon install

Is there a way to set the about:config options for Firefox automatically as part of the installation of Firefox? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't login using ssh after IPMP config.

Dear All, After configuring IPMP in 2 fresh Servers (T5520 and T2000) I can't login in any of them using SSH, I can login by serial console then I had to enable Telnet to access. IPMP works fine. This is the error in /var/adm/messages: sshd: Failed password for lvalle from 172.28.12.95 port... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luis Valle
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh config file different location

I'm trying use 'sed' to change a line on sshd_config file. But the problem is sshd_config file can be two different locations.(eg: /etc/ssh/sshd_config or /usr/local/ssh/sshd_config) Was wondering how to write a shell script to search or mention the sshd_config location? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)