Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Front end on Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Front end on Unix Post 10513 by rwb1959 on Thursday 15th of November 2001 02:15:14 PM
Old 11-15-2001
Just a mere fraction of what's available...

Sun SPARCstations running Solaris 2.x

X -- MIT X-Windows version 11 release 5
gnu -- GNU packages, such as gzip, gcc, g++, etc.
infosys -- information utilities (gopher, mosaic, etc.)
openwin -- SUN OpenWindows for Solaris 2.3
openwin3.4 -- SUN OpenWindows for Solaris 2.4
tcl -- TCL 7.3 & TK 3.6 (with X extensions)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Running exe's from front end

Hi, I have created a tool which analyses and debugs cobol programs on Unix environment usin the C files. I now want to create a frontend for the tool in windows. For this i need to establish some kinda communication between the front the end and the back end. I know pipes in one way of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space in front or end of each field

Hi, I have a txt file called a.txt which contain over 10,000 records and I would like to remove space before comma or after comma....like below: The input (for example two record 00001,00002): 00001,client,card limited ,02292,N ,162:41 , 192, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed $ appending to front, not to the end

I keep trying to append some astrix to the end of a line, but it keeps overwriting at the front of the line. These are the originals Fred Fardbarkle:674-843-1385:20 Parak Lane, Duluth, MN 23850:4/12/23:780900 Fred Fardbarkle:674-843-1385:20 Parak Lane, Duluth, MN 23850:4/12/23:780900 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrSammyD
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Communicate to the OS(linux) using front end.

Hi guys , I want to develop a web page which is capable of executing the command on os and show the output on the browser.(Which involves reading and writing too.) I m using jsp language to develop the web page. How would i use it to communicate with my linux server? Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping double quotes from front and end of a line

I have a file and some records may contain double quotes at beginning and at end of line. So how do I strip them? For Example, file is somethings like this Field1;Field2;Field3 01;'Test';'Test Field3' "01;'This is 2nd field';This is 3rd field' " Desired Output is: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
6 Replies

6. Programming

Publish notification via application front end

hi All I use tomcat server to publish war file. How to send an notification to users via the application screen and it should dismiss once user clicks X mark. Any suggestions ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Idea for a New Forum Front End Using Unity and SciFi Assets

Tonight I was looking into maybe creating a new front end using something like this (see video below) where the database stays the same but the user interaction happens in a virtual scifi world, such as 3D Scifi Base Vol 1 which is a 3D Models/Environments in Sci-Fi for Unity. lo1lFIIxrD8 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
16 Replies

8. Programming

Recommendation: gede - graphical gdb front-end

gede is a graphical debugger, a front-end for good ole uncle gdb. gede doesn't need a specialized gdb version. :b: Unfortunately its a qt app, nevertheless it fits well in a gtk desktop environment.:eek: Its author Johan Henriksson is a smart and nice guy always open for bug reports and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodona
2 Replies
CLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CLOCK(1)

NAME
clock - display the time in an icon or window SYNOPSIS
clock AVAILABILITY
This command is available with the OpenWindows environment. For information about installing OpenWindows, refer to the OpenWindows Instal- lation and Start-Up Guide. DESCRIPTION
clock is an OpenWindows XView utility that displays the current time in a window or icon. When the window is open, clock can display the time in either analog or digital format. The clock window is scalable in either format. USAGE
When the clock window is open, it has a floating menu from which you can bring up a property window. From this property sheet, you can modify the display of the tool by selecting either the Analog or Digital choice box. Seconds: On the analog version, this selection starts a second hand on the face of the clock. On the digital version, it adds two dig- its to the digital readout. Date: Turns on a date display for both analog and digital versions of clock. BUGS
If you reset the system time, clock will not reflect the new time until you change its window state from open to icon, or vice versa. To reset the system time, see date (1V). The date display does not go well with the round clock face. Occasionally, when clock is uncovered, the face will be visually corrupted. Use the Refresh button from the frame menu to repair. 11 June 1990 CLOCK(1)