Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix for Macintosh
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Where do I download LINUX & UNIX? Unix for Macintosh Post 10470 by Neo on Wednesday 14th of November 2001 06:05:39 PM
Old 11-14-2001
XFree86 for Mac (OS X)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xonx

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Game spy arcade for halo and macintosh?

I need help i heard you can play halo over online and you have a macintosh version where can I get it please respond (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is Unix a Network operating system for Macintosh computers

I am in the process of reading up on and learning about linux,and as i read, i am seeing that it was built off of the unix system platform,and i also believe that it is used in the mac computer field,i would like to know if this is true, and if i should learn about the macintosh computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill1263
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Macintosh user needs help with pop3d

Hi folks! I am not a power user, and have been able to enable Postfix to run on my Macintosh. It was a little bit difficult for me. But I payed good attention, while following an Internet Tutorial. Postfix version 2.1.5 I can send out emails, from local accounts or even from other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Address History for Macintosh

Hi all, I have been assigned the following task; I have a Macintosh iBook laptop computer running OSX (10.3). This computer was used to download some unwanted content from the Internet. We know by looking at the browser history that these downloads took place between May 1 and May 3. What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifer
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX in the MacIntosh (for sed people)

Hi, I'm trying to use sed to process some files on Macs running OSX. Anyone know anything about Macs and sed? Here's the problem sed 's/^/ /g' test_file > endfile (there are spaces betwen the second and third /, but the forum software compresses them) This should put spaces at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurel Maury
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

macintosh

hello, i am new to this forum. i own a macbook pro running mac os x 10.5.2 leopard. just wondering, if these forums will help me? i work a lot in an application called terminal, it is apples command line. i like programming and have questions, like there was a post about text scrolling, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesapp
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Macintosh Mount Clarification

Hi All, I am having a clarification regarding the mounted file systems on a normal mac. This is the output displayed once i launch terminal and key in mount command. ************************************************** /dev/disk0s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled) devfs on /dev (devfs, local,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Achilles_Hectar
1 Replies
PERLMACOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLMACOS(1)

NAME
README.macos - Perl under Mac OS (Classic) SYNOPSIS
This document briefly describes perl under Mac OS (Classic). If you are running perl under Mac OS X, you don't want to be here (unless you are in the Classic environment under Mac OS X). When we say "Mac OS" below, we mean Mac OS 7, 8, and 9, and not Mac OS X. DESCRIPTION
The latest perl source itself builds on Mac OS, with some additional pieces. Support for Mac OS is now in the perl core, and MacPerl is kept in close sync with regular perl releases. To build perl for Mac OS (as an MPW tool), you will need the addition of the macos subdirectory, distributed separately. It includes extra source files, config files, and make files. It also includes extra Mac-specific modules. To build the MacPerl application, you will also need the macperl directory, which includes the source files for creating the application itself. All of this is available from the development site, via HTTP (in the MacPerl Installer, which includes all the source and binaries) and anonymous CVS. http://dev.macperl.org/ The source is also in the main perl repository in the macperl branch (the 5.6 source is in the maint-5.6/macperl branch). You will also need compilers and libraries, all of them freely available. These are linked to from the SourceForge site. Go that site for all things having to do with MacPerl development. MacPerl 5.6.1 and later are supported on Mac OS 8.1 and later, for 68040 and PowerPC architectures. The MPW tool may be used on Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 computers. MacPerl 5.2.0r4 is also available, on the CPAN and on SourceForge. It is based on perl 5.004, and works with Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 com- puters. AUTHOR
perl was ported to Mac OS by Matthias Neeracher <neeracher@mac.com>. It is currently maintained by Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>. DATE
Last modified 2002.05.02. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLMACOS(1)