Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Abnormal Termination errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Abnormal Termination errors Post 10436 by bialsibub on Wednesday 14th of November 2001 09:11:35 AM
Old 11-14-2001
Network Abnormal Termination errors

I'm having trouble with Abnormal Termination errors. What are they, what causes them and how can I prevent them from happening? Are they application specific?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

handling abnormal process termination

hi i m writin a program in which i keep track of all the child processes the program has generated and if a child process has an abnormal termination i need to do certain task related to that child process. for handlin child process i used waitpid: temp_cpid=waitpid(-1,&stat,WUNTRACED); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Abnormal Inact Memory

Hello, have a look my top and ps as below Inact memory reach 1.6G, does it normal ? load averages: 0.07, 0.02, 0.01; up 7+06:48:52 02:58:01 91 processes: 2 running, 89 sleeping CPU states: 0.0% user, 0.0% nice, 0.4% system, 0.0% interrupt, 99.6% idle Memory: 24M... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jipznet1981
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

abnormal process HPUX

i am using HP-UX and i have this process called HPUX childwrapper taking about 99% cpu.i want to know what the process does? and if i should kill it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormal behaviour of Defunct processes.

Hi All, Sorry to bother you all if my query is silly. Can you please clarify my doubts on defunct processes. Actually coming to the scenario, i have a server which is under cluster environment. Server B is having problems with the defunct process. There was a cron scheduled on Server B which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Abnormal behaviour of Defuncts

Hi, I am facing problems with defunct processes. The problem is, the defuncts are being created and getting dissappeared by themselves. I have a process that calls some scripts through a specified port, when this scripts starts executing, the defuncts also started to appear(lots and lots, will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddybs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is showing abnormal behavior...

Hi, facing unusual problem, below are 2 same scripts, one is working and other is not. please help --- THIS SCRIPT IS WORKING FINE!!!! #! /bin/sh phone=`grep "<phone>" data.xml | sed 's:<phone>::;s:</phone>::'` echo "Phone Number is:"$phone repnum=554156 cat data.xml | sed -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
3 Replies

7. BSD

FreeBSD abnormal permission changes in /home

Hi, I have a bit of a headache with a server doing some rather mysterious yet static changes to permissions in /home. The server in question is a FreeBSD server. It's an older beast with quite a few custom tweaks and now I'm stuck with it :-) The problem is that some of the directories in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of abnormal Characters

ok, so i have no clue why this script i wrote spits out these bizarre characters: i cant even copy and paste those characters on here because it just doesn't show up properly. my question is, using sed, how can i get rid of all characters that aren't normal? echo "abnormal characters" |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting rid of abnormal Characters

i'm grepping for words in the /var/adm/messages (sun solaris). but it looks like while my grepping finds the strings, when it outputs them out, the beginning of some lines are chopped off. Jun 13 14:06:02 sky.net ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /prod: file system full 3 14:39:19 sky.net ufs: NOTICE:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Reason for abnormal value in vmstat output

Hi, Recently from the vmstat output in the image attached, the first line of the cpu idle column shows a value of 15. Although the subsequent values show higher than 90, is there a reason why the first value is so low? Is this a problem? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
4 Replies
bgerror(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							bgerror(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
bgerror - Command invoked to process background errors SYNOPSIS
bgerror message _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Release 8.5 of Tcl supports the interp bgerror command, which allows applications to register in an interpreter the command that will han- | dle background errors in that interpreter. In older releases of Tcl, this level of control was not available, and applications could con- | trol the handling of background errors only by creating a command with the particular command name bgerror in the global namespace of an | interpreter. The following documentation describes the interface requirements of the bgerror command an application might define to retain | compatibility with pre-8.5 releases of Tcl. Applications intending to support only Tcl releases 8.5 and later should simply make use of | interp bgerror. The bgerror command does not exist as built-in part of Tcl. Instead, individual applications or users can define a bgerror command (e.g. as a Tcl procedure) if they wish to handle background errors. A background error is one that occurs in an event handler or some other command that did not originate with the application. For example, if an error occurs while executing a command specified with the after command, then it is a background error. For a non-background error, the error can simply be returned up through nested Tcl command evaluations until it reaches the top-level code in the application; then the application can report the error in whatever way it wishes. When a background error occurs, the unwinding ends in the Tcl library and there is no obvious way for Tcl to report the error. When Tcl detects a background error, it saves information about the error and invokes a handler command registered by interp bgerror later as an idle event handler. The default handler command in turn calls the bgerror command . Before invoking bgerror, Tcl restores the errorInfo and errorCode variables to their values at the time the error occurred, then it invokes bgerror with the error message as its only argument. Tcl assumes that the application has implemented the bgerror command, and that the command will report the error in a way that makes sense for the application. Tcl will ignore any result returned by the bgerror command as long as no error is generated. If another Tcl error occurs within the bgerror command (for example, because no bgerror command has been defined) then Tcl reports the error itself by writing a message to stderr. If several background errors accumulate before bgerror is invoked to process them, bgerror will be invoked once for each error, in the order they occurred. However, if bgerror returns with a break exception, then any remaining errors are skipped without calling bgerror. If you are writing code that will be used by others as part of a package or other kind of library, consider avoiding bgerror. The reason for this is that the application programmer may also want to define a bgerror, or use other code that does and thus will have trouble inte- grating your code. EXAMPLE
This bgerror procedure appends errors to a file, with a timestamp. proc bgerror {message} { set timestamp [clock format [clock seconds]] set fl [open mylog.txt {WRONLY CREAT APPEND}] puts $fl "$timestamp: bgerror in $::argv '$message'" close $fl } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n), tclvars(n) KEYWORDS
background error, reporting Tcl 7.5 bgerror(n)