Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sendmail & mail.local + MySQL API Post 10273 by CGrusden19 on Sunday 11th of November 2001 07:19:01 PM
Old 11-11-2001
Sendmail & mail.local + MySQL API

I've searched this message board, and the newgroups THOROUGHLY, in search of any information towards implenting the MySQL API with C... I'm a "beginner" to the C language I suppose, and i've made a few functions in C that can be implemented into the source code of Sendmail/mail.local, so that any INCOMING mail will be INSERTED into a MySQL database, I know that the size of the tables can become insane, but i'm not worried about that.. My question now is, can anyone point me into the direction of some documentation or perhaps some insight on WHERE/HOW to place my functions into the source of Sendmail/mail.local and how to add the link to the libraries and such? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Corey

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

local mail relay problem in Sendmail

I have a linux box. Sendmail is work fine in this box. The only problem I am facing is whenever I send mail using the mail command to the outside world or to root@localhost, I get this error - 127.0.0.1 localhost denied from relaying The command I used to send mail is - Ls -l | mail -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
0 Replies

2. Programming

API C MYSQL vs lock table ???

(sorry for my english) Hi, i have an app that uses MYSQL API C.. i trying do a timeout until the table is locked by an other thread , in the docs of Mysql i can see that MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT is not implemented for linux ¿?¿?.. any body knows a way to do a timeout until the table is locked by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
0 Replies

3. Programming

Man pages for C API for MySql

Hi, I am on Ubuntu 9.04 tweaking some programs demanding MySql queries. I got the program working by installing following package: sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev and using proper include and library folder However I was unable to access any man pages for these C api's (Strangely... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheerajsuthar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

6. SCO

Sendmail delivers mail to local user if it exists instead of passing it to the smart relay

Environment: SCO Unix Openserver 6 Sendmail ver: 8.11.3 I just put this server online replacing it's old counterpart, same OS on new machine. There are many different servers on this domain, windowssrv.thisdomain.com, oldunix.thisdomain.com, and the new newunix.thisdomain.com just to name a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: checkpro
2 Replies

7. Proxy Server

How to send mail (sendmail) for php mail()?

PHP mail() function doesn't work. Nor does sendmail: loaded system configuration file /etc/msmtprc ignoring user configuration file /home/xi/.msmtprc: No such file or directory falling back to default account using account default from /etc/msmtprc host = xsi port = 25 proxy host = (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies
MYSQL_CLIENT_TEST(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_CLIENT_TEST(1)

NAME
mysql_client_test - test client API mysql_client_test_embedded - test client API for embedded server SYNOPSIS
mysql_client_test [options] [test_name] ... mysql_client_test_embedded [options] [test_name] ... DESCRIPTION
The mysql_client_test program is used for testing aspects of the MySQL client API that cannot be tested using mysqltest and its test language. mysql_client_test_embedded is similar but used for testing the embedded server. Both programs are run as part of the test suite. The source code for the programs can be found in in tests/mysql_client_test.c in a source distribution. The program serves as a good source of examples illustrating how to use various features of the client API. mysql_client_test is used in a test by the same name in the main tests suite of mysql-test-run.pl but may also be run directly. Unlike the other programs listed here, it does not read an external description of what tests to run. Instead, all tests are coded into the program, which is written to cover all aspects of the C language API. mysql_client_test supports the following options: o --help, -? Display a help message and exit. o --basedir=dir_name, -b dir_name The base directory for the tests. o --count=count, -t count The number of times to execute the tests. o --database=db_name, -D db_name The database to use. o --debug[=debug_options], -#[debug_options] Write a debugging log if MySQL is built with debugging support. The default debug_options value is 'd:t:o,/tmp/mysql_client_test.trace'. o --getopt-ll-test=option, -g option Option to use for testing bugs in the getopt library. o --host=host_name, -h host_name Connect to the MySQL server on the given host. o --password[=password], -p[password] The password to use when connecting to the server. If you use the short option form (-p), you cannot have a space between the option and the password. If you omit the password value following the --password or -p option on the command line, you are prompted for one. o --port=port_num, -P port_num The TCP/IP port number to use for the connection. o --server-arg=arg, -A arg Argument to send to the embedded server. o --show-tests, -T Show all test names. o --silent, -s Be more silent. o --socket=path, -S path The socket file to use when connecting to localhost (which is the default host). o --testcase, -c The option is used when called from mysql-test-run.pl, so that mysql_client_test may optionally behave in a different way than if called manually, for example by skipping some tests. Currently, there is no difference in behavior but the option is included to make this possible. o --user=user_name, -u user_name The MySQL user name to use when connecting to the server. o -v dir_name, --vardir=dir_name The data directory for tests. The default is mysql-test/var. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 01/23/2014 MYSQL_CLIENT_TEST(1)