Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I Am Calling All Unix Experts Young Mind In Need Post 102441 by Courtney3216 on Friday 17th of March 2006 06:03:53 PM
Old 03-17-2006
Thank you

did this work for you? did you buy the DVD's,

ad are the certifications offical or are they just completion awards

please let me know.

thank you

what do you think about the boot camps?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Calling All Aix Experts

I am new to the world of AIX. I want to get certified in AIX and learn it but fast. with in 3 months Could you give me some advise of a good site that with teach you or a bootcamp that is reasonable. I am really in need I am in atlanta (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Courtney3216
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command in mind map

I found this link that might be useful for a newbie to remember unix commands. It use mind map technique and summarize everything within one page. http://mind-map-you.blogspot.com/2006/12/unix-command-in-mind-map.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bani100
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

forums to hire unix experts

Please recommend forums where I could look for unix expert candidates. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itmgr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Experts Answer this INterview Questions please

1, why Boot server should be in a network in jumpstart? 2, what is the different between patch and package? 3, how to list the avilable NIC in solaris9? 4, User complaing system is slow (solaris) what are the steps to check? 5, what is hardware error and software error and Transport Error? in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

UNIX files timestamping - Need experts opinion as testimonial

Hi I am requesting your help to obtain opinions and testimonials in order to be be able to make my own opinion since I am definetly not a unix expert. Say we have a UNIX server. On this server there is a specific directory let us call it "DIR" A security incident have been reported... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflied
10 Replies
MESG(1) 							   User Commands							   MESG(1)

NAME
mesg - display (or do not display) messages from other users SYNOPSIS
mesg [option] [n|y] DESCRIPTION
The mesg utility is invoked by a user to control write access others have to the terminal device associated with standard error output. If write access is allowed, then programs such as talk(1) and write(1) may display messages on the terminal. Traditionally, write access is allowed by default. However, as users become more conscious of various security risks, there is a trend to remove write access by default, at least for the primary login shell. To make sure your ttys are set the way you want them to be set, mesg should be executed in your login scripts. ARGUMENTS
n Disallow messages. y Allow messages to be displayed. If no arguments are given, mesg shows the current message status on standard error output. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
The mesg utility exits with one of the following values: 0 Messages are allowed. 1 Messages are not allowed. >1 An error has occurred. FILES
/dev/[pt]ty[pq]? SEE ALSO
login(1), talk(1), write(1), wall(1), xterm(1) HISTORY
A mesg command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The mesg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 MESG(1)