Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: good mp3 player for linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers good mp3 player for linux Post 102432 by jurrien on Friday 17th of March 2006 04:35:25 PM
Old 03-17-2006
good mp3 player for linux

Hi all i am lookign for a good mp3 player under linux which runs nicely with an amd64 (x86-64) enverioment.

i used too use xmms but i just found out that there are no active develepors anymore (last active developer logged in on forum somewhere in augustus 2005)

so does someone knows a good mp3 client that runs nicely on linux/unix with a nice gui and can make its own mp3 lists (or use winamps ones)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need A Player For Linux.

Which video player do i need for red hat 7 and how do i run it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to download a free mp3 player for linux

Does anyone of you have the links to a site where you can download a mp3 player for linux(fedora 1). :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

osx mp3 player help

Hey UNIX Saviors, I am not very familiar with unix commands so I need some detailed help please. I have a RCA Lyra MP3 player that is supposed to work as a drag and drop external drive when transferring my MP3's. In OSX, the problem is that when I delete the MP3 from the mounted drive it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eideas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Media Player Under Linux - Girl in Need

Hello Everybody, First to introduce myself, I am a total beginner to the linux scene. I'm am running it on my second desktop and so far I love it, even though it can be frustrating. Anyway... my first problem. I like to watch movies on xxxxxx on my windows box, but so far I haven't been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EricaMae999
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which player to install on Linux

Hi All, I am very new to Linux... I have just installed Red hat Linux 5.. Can anybody pls tell me the way to install different players.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
1 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to install VLC media player or any other player in SL 6.3 distro

Hi, I am unable to install VLC or any other media players in my SL 6.3 distro. I am using yum utility to install the packages, but i am getting the below error messages, --> Processing Dependency: libpng15.so.15()(64bit) for package: vlc-core-2.0.3-1.fc18.x86_64 --> Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies
MP3CUT(1)							   User Command 							 MP3CUT(1)

NAME
mp3cut - cut and assemble MP3 files SYNOPSIS
mp3cut [ -o outputfile ] [ -T title ] [ -A artist ] [ -N album-name ] [ -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] ] mp3file [[ -t ... ] mp3file1 ...] DESCRIPTION
The mp3cut utility cuts and assembles MP3 files according to the time specifications given on the command line. The mp3 output is written to the outputfile. If no outputfile is given on the command-line, the name for the outputfile is created from the name of the first mp3 file by adding output.mp3 at the end. The -t flag specifies which part of the mp3 file following it will be extracted. OPTIONS
-o outputfile Specify where the output is to be written. -T title Specify the title ID3 tag for the output file. -A artist Specify the artist ID3 tag for the output file. -N album-name Specify the album name ID3 tag for the output file. -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] Specify which part of the following mp3file will be included in the output file. hh = hours mm = minutes ss = seconds ms = milliseconds If the starting time is omitted, 00:00:00+00 is used as starting time. If the ending time is omitted, the end of the MP3 file is used as ending time. EXAMPLES
mp3cut -o output.mp3 -t 23:42+500-01:23:42+750 input.mp3 Cut the segment from 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 500 milliseconds to 1 hour, 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 750 milliseconds from input.mp3 and write the output to output.mp3. mp3cut -t 00:01-00:02 input1.mp3 -t -15:23 input2.mp3 -t 9:87+500- input3.mp3 Append the segments from input1.mp3, input2.mp3 and input3.mp3 and write the output to input1.output.mp3. AUTHORS
Manuel Odendahl <manuel@bl0rg.net>, Florian Wesch <dividuum@bl0rg.net> February 2005 MP3CUT(1)