Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMC Help Please
Operating Systems Solaris SMC Help Please Post 102372 by buckhtr77 on Friday 17th of March 2006 09:26:54 AM
Old 03-17-2006
We don't have root in the NIS configuration.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing SMC

I justed installed Solaris 9 for Sparc, for some reason SMC was not installed. How can I reinstall SMC, with out reinstall solaris 9. Could some one please help me out. Thanks Chamkils (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Smc

When I start SMC IT still doesnot work .It still remain configuration and don't change to welcome screen Please help me :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smc problem

Hello, I've a Solaris 10. When I attemp to run SMC and click somthing there (for example "system information") , an error message is shown on the screen and says me WBEM is not running. (But actually WBEM is working). It says "if WBEM runing, I should stop/start wbem and try again." but I do it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating Users with SMC

Hi, I tried to create a user test1 using SMC and its only partially created with following errors: Jun 25 13:44:54 wasana WBEM_Logging_Service: The alias for user test1 could not be created. This indicates an error accessing the alias table. The error was null. Jun 25 13:44:54 wasana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

5. Solaris

cannot new user with smc

Hi, I am new to solaris and i am trying solaris 10 7/08. I cannot add new user account with smc. I got the error "the management domain file:/solaris/solaris does not exist". Host name of my box is solaris. I do not know what should i do. Can someone help me pls? Regards, rock2happy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock2happy
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SMC require a password

Launching for the first time Solaris Management Console. Management Tools - This Computer - System Status - System Information. A window with info appear: In the right side: Solaris Management Console Server: 127.0.0.1 User Name: Root (Already written. And under it Password: (need typing).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SMC not opening

I am working with Solaris 9.In that I am trying to open SMC(Solaris Management Console) but when I am clicking it,nothing is opening. Can any1 tell me why it is not opening??:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

8. Solaris

A little help with SMC

I installed the smc and now I'm getting the below error when i try to access it via web. Apache Tomcat/4.0.5 - HTTP Status 404 - /smconsole.jnlp The service Apache2 is in maintenance mode and I can't get it online. Can someone help with this please? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

9. Solaris

SMC server is not working

Hi Guys, I m using Solaris 10. When I run smc, I get message No SMC Server available please start the smc server in Server Toolbox Window. How can I start SMC (solaris management console) on solaris 10? it's standalone server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

10. Solaris

SMC Display error

Dear all, I try to run smc but i have the below message : It appears you are attempting to run the graphical Solaris Management Console from a terminal which does not have a suitable 'DISPLAY' environment. Please check your 'DISPLAY' settings and that the user identity of this terminal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhrabah
1 Replies