Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: substr problem in KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting substr problem in KSH Post 102250 by asinha63 on Thursday 16th of March 2006 02:05:25 PM
Old 03-16-2006
I have to use AWK only
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarikle
Now replace awk with nawk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh problem

when declaring a variable e.g. export DAYS what checking / how can i check that the value assigned only contains numeric characters or integers ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh case problem

I'm trying to run a ksh script with a case condition to handle parameters. #!/bin/ksh db_start(){ *code } db_shut(){ *code } case "$1" in up) db_start TRNG ;; down) db_shut TRNG ;; *) echo "Usage: $0 { up | down }" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteck
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem in script

Hi I made a small script which uses ksh. When i run the script then i get the following error However when i run each of the commands on the commandline they get executed and provide the desired output. i cant figure out why the script is not running. Kindly Help Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange problem for substr

i have following in block if then echo "Exclusion criteria" else echo "Not exclusion criteria" fi now above block runs fine if value of variable line_by_line is "00000000dfahfahfahfahsfhasfhafhahfahfahf" but same block gives error if value is "0000000000202000501000069BAG ICE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help problem in KSH

Hi All, I have got a problem. I have written a Shell script which cuts some information from the file a and puts it in file b. But i get this error when i execute the shell script. This is what i have written in the script. #! /usr/bin cd /test ls $2 > a cut -f 1 -d '.' a > b When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthshastry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem

I am having a problem with this command working, can anyond help? $ export Path=/user/bin user/local/bin /user/ucb/bin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem in ksh

Hi, I have the following issue while replacing text in a file usind sed $ cat file $ One,ABCD\XYZ,Server one i want to replace ABCD\XYZ with another text SERVER. with ABCD\XYZ stored in a variable. #!/bin/ksh VAR=ABCD\XYZ echo $VAR cat file | sed 's/'"$VAR"'/SERVER/' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheer1984
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in assigning substr to a variable inside awk

Hi All, I have a fixed-width datafile from which i need to extract value/string starting from some position to the specified length in each of the lines. awk '{print substr($0,x,y)}' datafile --- is working fine but awk 'BEGIN{a=0}{a=substr($0,x,y);print $a}' datafile ---is giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedin.ksh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with ksh

Dear All, I have a script as follows: 1 #! /bin/ksh 2 # 28 varDate=`date +%d%h%y` 29 export spool_file=/app/my_user/work/TH_Status_${varDate}_Check.txt 30 31 ######################### 32 # Unix Code Starts here # 33 ######################### ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and mail problem

Script A: #!/bin/ksh /usr/bin/mail -s "case 4" g@f.com <testF5Email.inp Script B: #!/bin/ksh qq="-s \"case 4\" cstsang@hko.hksarg" /usr/bin/mail $qq<testEmail.inp Script A working properly where Script B cannot. The error message as the following: There is a missing '"' character... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)