Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting one script to run on multiple boxes Post 102227 by izy100 on Thursday 16th of March 2006 10:36:47 AM
Old 03-16-2006
Have you consider using NFS to share the file across the servers?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a Script to rsh multiple hp boxes and shutdown

Hello I'm serving on a ship that has frequent power issues. Currently if we loose power we need to rush around to multiple UNIX machines and login to Sysadmin and power down each machine before we loose our ups. If sysadmin is asleep or not in the space we have some real problems. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackfam972
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtualbox OSE on multiple boxes

I have Virtualbox OSE installed on my laptop and soon on my lap top. My question is if I were to make a virtual os on an external hard drive on my laptop, can i make a settings to use the same vdi on my desktop and have it show the same screen, not at the same time. sorry, its late here and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated ssh to multiple boxes

I have a script that will ssh to several different servers, perform a command, display the output, and exit. It works well, but I have to enter my password for each server. That gets a little cumbersome when you have a couple dozen servers. Anyone out there know how to automate this so that I only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedexer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run php script on multiple website domains

Good Day, I have multiple websites on a domain. I am looking for a loop structure that can run each site script. egdomain1/test.php domainx/test.php so on, currently I copy and paste a list of commands but that skips certain commands. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Sergio (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SergioP
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to login into multiple linux boxes

I have requirement to login into a multiple linux boxes by running the shell script in a single linux box and to find the count of files in a specific folder in each box and log them in a log file in the box where i m runnning the script. Box names will be stored in a text file host.txt. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani2512
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to scp a file to multiple boxes

Hello All, I am new to scripting and I am trying to write a script which can scp a file from one box to multiple boxes. I am thinking to do like this. 1) create a file with list of all server names 2)write a script which will pick up each server line by line from server list and copy it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run script on multiple files

Hi Guys, I've been having a look around to try and understand how i can do the below however havent come across anything that will work. Basically I have a parser script that I need to run across all files in a certain directory, I can do this one my by one on comand line however I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies
nfs_selinux(8)						 NFS SELinux Policy documentation					    nfs_selinux(8)

NAME
nfs_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for NFS DESCRIPTION
Security Enhanced Linux secures the NFS server via flexible mandatory access control. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on the least level of access required. SELinux can be configured to not allow NFS to share files. If you want to share NFS partitions, and only allow read-only access to those NFS partitions, turn the nfs_export_all_ro boolean on: setsebool -P nfs_export_all_ro 1 If you want to share files read/write you must set the nfs_export_all_rw boolean. setsebool -P nfs_export_all_rw 1 These booleans are not required when files to be shared are labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types. NFS can share files labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types even if the nfs_export_all_ro and nfs_export_all_rw booleans are off. If you want to use a remote NFS server for the home directories on this machine, you must set the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean: setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), chcon(1), setsebool(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 9 Feb 2009 nfs_selinux(8)