Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat /root directory - date keeps changing??? Post 102162 by Alux on Thursday 16th of March 2006 05:28:58 AM
Old 03-16-2006
It seems when I log in to a user account such as Fred

/home/Fred directory updates the time and date on the folder.

I suspect there fore that this will also be true of root.

My question now is this not supposed to happen or should I modify the tripwire policy file not to monitor user folders date/time?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing root menu options on Redaht

Hello all, I would like to change the options on the root menu when I use the middle button on a three mouse buttom setting. I can append to the menu but, I seem to be unable to find the lisp code for pop-root-menu. Does anyone know how to change this? THANKS ALL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Changing root password

I have two unix system A and B with same configuration. I can use remsh from A system login to B system as root, but when I want to change the root password of B system, it ask me the old password, but i forgot it. However, is it possible to change the B system root password? :( Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied when changing root password after reset

I have a Solaris 10 machine that I didn't know the root password to so I went into single user mode and removed the password from the shadow file and rebooted and I am able to login with no password now. But my problem is that when I try to change the root password from no password to something... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkone_d1_2000
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with feeding password while changing to root user

i want to change user to "root" from another user while running a script. how can i automatically feed the password? for example, i want to write a script say "script.sh"... it will first run the command "p" as mhmn user, and then it will change the user to "root" by using "su - root" command. at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhmn
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing directory with leading hyphen from root directory

I know that this basic question has been asked many times and solutions all over the internet, but none of the are working for me. I have a directory in the root directory, named "-p". # ls -l / total 198 <snip> drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Dec 3 14:18 opt drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
2 Replies

8. AIX

Changing root password

I want to change the root password on an AIX box. What is the best method to do this so i do not get myself locked out. When I do i search the results come up for resetting the password if you are locked out. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
5 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing CSV files with date . Subtracting date by values

Hi All, I have a CSV file which is as below. Basically I need to take the year column in it and find if the year is >= 20152 . If that is then I should subtract all values by 6. In the below example in description I am having number mentioned as YYWW so I need to subtract those by -5. Whereever... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)