Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print the first 5 lines in which 2 files differs Post 102159 by atticus on Thursday 16th of March 2006 05:01:28 AM
Old 03-16-2006
10x a lot, I've tried comm but didn't know what other command to use

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and print the two lines with difference

I have two files like this: #FILE 1 ABCD 4322 26485 JMTJ 5311 97248 XMPJ 4321 58978 #FILE 2 ABCD 4321 26485 JMTJ 5311 97248 XMPJ 4321 68978 What to do: Compare the two files and find those lines that doesn't match. And have a new file like this: #FILE 3 "from file 1" ABCD 4322 26485... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print the certain lines in a file to different files

Hi All, File that I have: <ct> <name>group <value>1 <value>2 <value>3 </ct>-->file The output that I needed is <ct> <name>group <value>1 -->file1 <ct> <name>group <value>2 -->file2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print lines into multiple files

Hi, i have an input text file like this: Student 1 maths science = Student 2 maths science = Student 3 maths science i would like to print each student information into separate files, each student id is separated by "=". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint2006
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up between 2 files and print matching lines

Hi, I have 2 large log files in .gz format file 1 contains abcde 12345 23456 . . . . . . . . 09123 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files and print unique lines

Hi friends, I have multiple files. For now, let's say I have two of the following style cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt Please note that my files are not sorted and in the output file I need another extra column that says the file from which it is coming. I have more than 100... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print first 20 lines from all .log files

RHEL 5.8 In a directory I have more than 200 files with the extension .log Using head command I want to print first 20 lines of each log file. For each .log file, it should print like below Printing first 20 lines of : GRP_error_April29.log Apr 29 04:02:05 raptor03b syslogd 1.4.1:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
deleg_proc(n)						       Interpreter utilities						     deleg_proc(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
deleg_proc - Creation of comm delegates (procedures) SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require interp::delegate::proc ?0.2? ::interp::delegate::proc ?-async? name arguments comm id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command for the convenient creation of procedures which delegate the actual work to a remote location via a "channel" created by the package comm. API
::interp::delegate::proc ?-async? name arguments comm id This commands creates a procedure which is named by name and returns its fully-qualified name. All invokations of this procedure will delegate the actual work to the remote location identified by the comm channel comm and the endpoint id. The name of the remote procedure invoked by the delegator is [namespace tail name]. I.e., namespace information is stripped from the call. Normally the generated procedure marshalls the arguments, and returns the result from the remote procedure as its own result. If however the option -async was specified then the generated procedure will not wait for a result and return immediately. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category interp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
comm, delegation, interpreter, procedure COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> interp 0.2 deleg_proc(n)