Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clock Trouble
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Clock Trouble Post 10213 by PxT on Friday 9th of November 2001 11:47:21 AM
Old 11-09-2001
Are you asking about chaning the format of the clock in KDE or Gnome? If so, you should be able to right-click on it and choose either "Properties" or "Adjust Time Format" depending on which clock you are running.

HTH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Why don't my clock show am or pm?

Is it not possible to get the "Digital" clock in KDE 3.3 to show am or pm? Well I just noticed the plain clock setting is the only one that shows it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
2 Replies

2. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock in Unix using awk

Hey everyone! Can someone help me, i need to make a program using awk, that displays the current time (hh/mm/ss), i would really apreciate it! Thanks! Alex. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_omul
4 Replies

6. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL clock scan

the below shown clock manipulation works well in Linux machine which has TCL 8.5. But when i use the same on the SunOS which has the TCL8.4 , I am getting the error "bad switch "-format": must be -base or -gmt". For some reason, I am not able to upgrade my TCL 8.4 to 8.5 in SunOS. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakasuj
0 Replies

9. Programming

Simple Chess Clock

I am trying to implement a simple chess clock. It should have the following options: start, stop, reset, read. Reset will set the time to zero Start will start the clock Stop will stop the clock My problem is that I want that start continues counting the time from the time it had when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
oclock(1X)																oclock(1X)

NAME
oclock - round X clock SYNOPSIS
oclock [-option...] OPTIONS
choose a different color for the both hands and the jewel of the clock choose a different color for the background. choose a different color for the jewel on the clock. choose a different color for the minute hand of the clock. choose a different color for the hour hand of the clock. selects an appropriate level of backing store. define the initial window geometry; see X(1X). specify the display to use; see X(1X). choose a different color for the window border. choose a different width for the window border. As the Clock widget changes its border around quite a bit, this is most usefully set to zero. causes the clock to use the Shape extension to create an oval window. This is the default unless the shapeWindow resource is set to false. causes the clock to not reshape itself and ancestors to exactly fit the outline of the clock. causes the clock to consist only of the jewel, the hands, and the border. DESCRIPTION
The oclock program simply displays the current time on an analog display. COLORS
If you would like your clock to be viewable in color, include the following in the #ifdef COLOR section you read with xrdb: *customization: -color This will cause oclock to pick up the colors in the app-defaults color customization file: <XRoot>/lib/X11/app-defaults/Clock-color. Below are the default colors: Clock*Background: grey Clock*BorderColor: light blue Clock*hour: yellow Clock*jewel: yellow Clock*minute: yellow SEE ALSO
X(1X), X Toolkit documentation AUTHOR
Keith Packard, MIT X Consortium oclock(1X)