Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Testing if nfs filesystem is mounted Post 102113 by xadamz23 on Wednesday 15th of March 2006 04:40:50 PM
Old 03-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Best way depends on the specific OS which no one ever mentions. Some possibilities are "nfsstat -m" and "df /backup". Various option to df may be easier to script than others. You will need to look at your man page.

Thanks. I used the following command:
/bin/df -t nfs | /bin/grep /backup

Thanks again for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell if a filesystem is NFS mounted?

I would like to know if there is a command or set of commands that I can run to verify that there are no 'extraneous' nfs mounted filesystems on our server. I didn't see anything in doing a search on NFS. We think that we may have some filesystems that are still nfs mounted when the link should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Remote mount an already mounted nfs filesystem

Hello all, We're using JET to build our systems.. I'm in the process of needing to build a centrally located JET box with access to all our networks rather that 2 or 3 dotted around. Part of the means I need to locate the boot & OS images on an NFS mount (via NETAPP filer).. However in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ filesystem is mounted read only

how do you fsck the / filesystem? I know it does it automatically the next time I boot up following a switch on the wall shutdown but is there a flad somewhere that forces this on next boot up? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGK
2 Replies

5. Solaris

UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question

I have two Unix (Solaris) hosts that are both attached to our SAN. They are both presented with the same luns. What I want to do is have the same UFS filesystem mounted on both hosts at the same time. What I am trying to accomplish is creating a zone that will reside on both hosts but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaker457
2 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS mounted files

If I am not a system admin. How can I tell where a particular mounted file is mounted from. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

doubt in NFS mounted filesystem in linux

Hi, I have some filesystem which is nfs mounted and shared to other servers. Nfs server name= nfsserver (here filesystem is locally mounted) server name where filesystem is shared = sharedserver1 and sharedserver2 filesystem which is shared = /filesystem1 when i am checking utilization by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if NAS filesystem is mounted

Anyone know the best way to check and see if a NAS filesystem is mounted on a linux box. I have no idea where to start :wall:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3mon_spawn
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Have mounted a filesystem in /var and now cannot log in

hi, i might not be posting my question in the right place because i don't know where to post questions my question is like this i created a partition named 'var' in the SOLARIS os .,and then i knowingly mounted it on /var ..now after doing this am not able to login to my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
4 Replies

10. AIX

Filesystem Mounted at the server

Hello Gurus, Can you please suggest what is the command of all the filesystems which are mounted at the server. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
1 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)