Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date/Time in history command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date/Time in history command Post 102004 by GCTEII on Wednesday 15th of March 2006 01:31:02 AM
Old 03-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTEII
printmsg() {

CMD=$1
LOGDATE=`date '+%c'`
HOSTNAME=`hostname`
log=/tmp/test/msg.tmp

printf "%s %s %s \n" ${LOGDATE} ${CMD} ${HOSTNAME} >> ${log}

}
Create a function to do it.
printmsg "test"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can history commands show what time command executed

On Solaris 8 and 10 is there a way history command can show what time a particular command was executed. Pls reply. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/Time for command

Hello all, Part of a script I am writing needs to check for a certain date.. example If it is saturday between 1pm and 2pm, kick off this script.../directory/script.sh need some pointers as to what the best way to do this is. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

history command with date

Hi All, Can i get the history command with date, so that i can know which command run at what time??? need it on urjent basis Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to get list of Linux commands used on specific date through HISTORY command

I want to get list of linux commands used on Jan 01 2014 with the help of HISTORY command or some other linux commands,. Kindly help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command - subtract from given time

the given time is: 12:13:00 how do i subtract a 10 minutes from any given time? date '12:13:00' '-10 min' also tried this: date +12:13:00 '-10 min' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

History of command by date

hi unix expert how can i see the history of command that i entered in past? history (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
HOSTNAME(5)							   /etc/hostname						       HOSTNAME(5)

NAME
hostname - Local host name configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/hostname DESCRIPTION
The /etc/hostname file configures the name of the local system that is set during boot, with the sethostname(2) system call. It should contain a single newline-terminated host name string. The host name may be a free-form string up to 64 characters in length, however it is recommended that it consists only of 7bit ASCII lower-case characters and no spaces or dots, and limits itself to the format allowed for DNS domain name labels, even though this is not a strict requirement. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for configuration of the host name as well, however only as fallback. HISTORY
The simple configuration file format of /etc/hostname originates from Debian GNU/Linux. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sethostname(2), hostname(1), hostname(7), machine-id(5), machine-info(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 HOSTNAME(5)