Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Newbie convert date ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie convert date ksh Post 101992 by vino on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 11:09:59 PM
Old 03-15-2006
Code:
echo "02282006" | sed -e 's_\(..\)\(..\)\(....\)_\1/\2/\3_g'

or
Code:
start=02282006;
echo "$start" | sed -e 's_\(..\)\(..\)\(....\);_\1/\2/\3;_g'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script/FTP (NEWBIE)

I trying to write a ksh script (without the help of the Kermit libraries) which connects to a ftp server and checks if the file "KEI.done" exists. If the file exists it print "files is there" if it doesnt exist it prints "file is not there". (the print statements will later be replaced with code to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike509123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with ksh script

Hi all, I have a directory have all of the .stat and .dat file : they are is a pipe separate flat file. Example: log-20061202.stat contain 1st line and last line of log-20061202.dat with record count of that day. Example: Total record = 240 Tom|02-12-2006|1600 W.Santa... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Julian date to calender date

Hi, I have script in unix which creates a julian date like 126 or 127 I want convert this julian date into calender date ex : input 127 output 07/may/2007 or 07/05/2007 or 07/05/07 rgds srikanth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help - newbie (date)

Hi I need help to write a script to do following: Sample Input file1: 07-01-08 08:48:07:982 INFO .... 07-01-08 08:49:07:982 DETAIL ..... 07-01-08 08:50:14:982 INFO ..... 07-01-08 08:51:23:982 DETAIL ..... 07-01-08 08:52:57:982 INFO ..... 07-01-08 08:53:01:982 DETAIL ..... 07-01-09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mel_2008
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie: writing ksh shell problem

my default profile is using ksh, I tried to write a simple scripts and I had issues, below is my scripts: $ more if_num.ksh USAGE="usage: if_num.ksh" print -n "Enter two numbers: " read x y if ((x=y)) then print "You entered the same number twice." when I tried to executed the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthew00
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to convert date into no. using date -d +%s syntax in ksh shell

hi friends, I m trying to write a script which compares to dates. for this i am converting dates into no using synatx as below v2=`date | awk '{print $2,$3,$4}'` v3=`date +%s -d "$v2"` this syntax is working in bash shell ,but fails in ksh shell. please suggest on this. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string(variable) into date( epoch) in ksh on HPUX machine?

Hi all, I have used a bash script which ultimately converts a string into date using date --date option: DATE=$DATE" "$TIME" "`date +%Y` //concatenating 2 strings TMRW_DATE=`date --date="$DATE" +"%s"` //applying date command on string and getting the unixtime Please use code tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashu123
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date arg to sql date

Doing a bcp load to sybase and need to convert datearg which comes in as 20130501 to 2013-05-01 which is the best way to do this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a date stored in a variable to epoch date

I am not able to pass date stored in a variable as an argument to date command. I get current date value for from_date and to_date #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x for s in server ; do ssh -T $s <<-EOF from_date="12-Jan-2015 12:02:09" to_date="24-Jan-2015 13:02:09" echo \$from_date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj48
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)