Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I wanted to update a script, more dynamic (just say no to hard coding)... Post 101949 by mr_manny on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 12:03:44 PM
Old 03-14-2006
Perderabo, I owe you...it worked Smilie
thanks,
manny

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamic update of docs

hi, i have some files which r link to the directory and to refer these files there is a html link on my web page At the moment there are only 2 active links. I created a soft link to the original source at very first time, the owner of these documents can change the content and update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushil_d10
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mails to various users without hard coding the email IDS

Hi Can any one help me out ? I am trying to send an autogenerated mail with an attachment to bulk of users using 'MAILX' and 'UNENCODE' . I have used it as follows X " ( cat /sastemp/body.txt; uuencode Test.xls.gz Test.xls.gz ) | mailx -s 'Testing' ' abcd@yahoo.com , efgh@gmail.com ' " ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
9 Replies

4. Programming

char constants vs. hard-coding

This might be a silly question, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If I'm writing in C, isn't it more efficient to, for instance, use constant character variable set to 'A' instead of hard-coding a character 'A'? Since it's only a single character instead of a string, it might not matter much. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help wanted to understand MQ script

hi , i am writing a script to copy the MQ messages from onw queue to another. The following i got from one site, but i di not understand , can anyone explain. /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER -i$Q_NAME_SRC_1 -F/logs/mq/MQ_COPYdump_$Q_NAME_SRC_1.$$ /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I just wanted to share this bash script for linux

If your Unix box doesn't support bash scripts then do not do the following. Create a file named version. type chmod 755 version and then copy and paste the code below into the file. Then type "mv version /bin" and presto, type version. A cool full hearty command. If you know more about you're Os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to detect dynamic ip change and update to config file

Hi All, I am newbie here and request your assistance. I have a service running on public ip, but since I have a dynamic IP it keeps on changing and every time I need to manually get the new ip and add to the config file and restart the service. This has become bit time consuming. Hence, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Using LWP without hard coding password

Hi, I would like to read content from a https site. I have decided to use LWP module in perl. but it throwed 401 Authorization required error. i dont want to hard code the password in my perl code. Is there any way to achieve the authentication without hardcoding the password. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
rwbytype.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						    rwbytype.d(1m)

NAME
rwbytype.d - read/write bytes by vnode type. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
rwbytype.d DESCRIPTION
This program identifies the vnode type of read/write activity - whether that is for regular files, sockets, character special devices, etc. This is measuring at the application level, so file activity may well be cached by the system. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # rwbytype.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name VNODE vnode type (describes I/O type) DIR direction, Read or Write BYTES total bytes DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
rwbytype.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
rwbypid.d(1M), rwbbypid.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jan 11, 2006 rwbytype.d(1m)