Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting multiple file "puts" in sFTP... Post 101914 by blowtorch on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 07:13:45 AM
Old 03-14-2006
Cbish68,

To sleep for any amount of time, you would have to run a sleep command. Why don't you use a batch file. Try doing this:
Code:
$ cat batchfile
cd /tmp
lcd /etc
put issue
!sleep 10
put motd
bye

$ sftp -b batchfile username@hostname

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp can't fine batchfile "No such file or directory"

Hi, I've got a C program that is using execlp to run a non-interactive sftp (using a batchfile) session to send some files to another system. Just before doing that, I create the batchfile called sftp_batch on the fly: V8_26_1:sun-->cat /workspace/sftp_batch cd /tmp/newsftp put test.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fiaran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Write sftp through "expect" for file upload ?

Hi Experts , I am new to unix programming please tell me how to write expect and hoe to call it for automated file upload process. help me really ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kulbhushan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK for multiple line records RS="^" FS="#"

I have to pull multiple line records with ^ as the record separator(RS)... # should be my field separator (FS)... Sample record is: ^-60#ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource ORA-00001: unique constraint (SARADM.TCKNUM_PK) violated#PROC:AVAILABLE_FOR_GETNXTTIC#02/27/2012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting to fix the issue in UNIX file having delimiter "|"

hello All, I am new user to shell scripting, kindly advise on the below? I have a file where i have gaps & the delimiter falls in next line and new line is also created , plz see the example :employee.txt Now the issue here is , i wan to write a script , where i can use "|" to get the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyd1
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP batch not renaming file with "put"

I have a .ksh script that creates an sftp batch file and runs it through sftp. It works except for one thing. If I try to "put" to a different name, it doesn't use the specified remote name...it still "puts" the original local name. I've tried both of these, and neither work...it will always... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SLEEP(3)								 1								  SLEEP(3)

sleep - Delay execution

SYNOPSIS
int sleep (int $seconds) DESCRIPTION
Delays the program execution for the given number of $seconds. PARAMETERS
o $seconds - Halt time in seconds. RETURN VALUES
Returns zero on success, or FALSE on error. If the call was interrupted by a signal, sleep(3) returns a non-zero value. On Windows, this value will always be 192 (the value of the WAIT_IO_COMPLETION constant within the Windows API). On other platforms, the return value will be the number of seconds left to sleep. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If the specified number of $seconds is negative, this function will generate a E_WARNING. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.4 | | | | | | | Before PHP 5.3.4, on Windows, sleep(3) always | | | returns NULL when sleep has occurred, regardless | | | of whether the sleep was interrupted or not. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 sleep(3) example <?php // current time echo date('h:i:s') . " "; // sleep for 10 seconds sleep(10); // wake up ! echo date('h:i:s') . " "; ?> This example will output (after 10 seconds) 05:31:23 05:31:33 SEE ALSO
usleep(3), time_nanosleep(3), time_sleep_until(3), set_time_limit(3). PHP Documentation Group SLEEP(3)