Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find Script file location inside script Post 101906 by asami on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 06:41:23 AM
Old 03-14-2006
no it doesnt work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excutable script to copy a file to a different location.

Hi, I'm try to create an executable file to copy a file to a different location. Help plz. Thanx. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazehcalil
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the geographical location within a shell script

Hi, I need a shell script that when run should be able to find the geographical location of the system. can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Sundeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to find errored files inside directories

Hi people. I working on a script to check for files that they are suposed not to be on the directory. I mean, inside of each directory it must have some files but some could be wrong, and i want to move the files that are wrong. Ex: CSPOTGET edpst/CargadoresSPOT Historicos_Spot_MDI.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files inside shell script - ( using find)

Hi, I am using the command find /apps/qualdb/gpcn/scripts/cab_outbound/archive -name 'z*' -mtime +28 -exec rm {} \; in unix command prompt for deleting the files in my unix system under the specfied folder. It was succesfull. But when i running this command inside a shell script name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaram.Nambura
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read file location

I'm writing a bash script that reads a file location from a user, and I'm wondering how to get the script to accept tab to auto complete the directories that are input. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write shelll script to read file location

hi all i have a problem how to read file location..I read file as FILE=/home/tmp/new.file.but t is not useful for me.But i want my script read file location where the file is and copy in directory at boot time. Every time of booting files are copied in respective folder.please help !!!!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to add input at certain location into a file

Hi, I am using Solaris 10 OS and trying to create shell script that can add input at certain location into a file. The input that I am trying to put is new domain name e.g @newdomain.com the file contains, more test01.out user/zzzz786@st.com/INBOX user/zzzz@po.com/INBOX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find whether a particular command has failed inside an sftp script?

hi, how can i know whether a command inside an sftp script has failed or not? i have a sftp expect script #!/usr/bin/expect spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.abc.com expect "sftp>" send "cd dir\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput abc.txt\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput def.xls\r" expect "sftp>"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies
Sys::Utmp(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Sys::Utmp(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Utmp - Object(ish) Interface to UTMP files. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Utmp; my $utmp = Sys::Utmp->new(); while ( my $utent = $utmp->getutent() ) { if ( $utent->user_process ) { print $utent->ut_user," "; } } $utmp->endutent; See also examples/pwho in the distribution directory. DESCRIPTION
Sys::Utmp provides a vaguely object oriented interface to the Unix user accounting file ( sometimes /etc/utmp or /var/run/utmp). Whilst it would prefer to use the getutent() function from the systems C libraries it will attempt to provide its own if they are missing. This may not be the module that you are looking for - there is a User::Utmp which provides a different procedural interface and may well be more complete for your purposes. METHODS new The constructor of the class. Arguments may be provided in Key => Value pairs : it currently takes one argument 'Filename' which will set the file which is to be used in place of that defined in _PATH_UTMP. getutent Iterates of the records in the utmp file returning a Sys::Utmp::Utent object for each record in turn - the methods that are available on these objects are descrived in the Sys::Utmp::Utent documentation. If called in a list context it will return a list containing the elements of th Utent entry rather than an object. If the import flag ':fields' is used then constants defining the indexes into this list will be defined, these are uppercase versions of the methods described in Sys::Utmp::Utent. setutent Rewinds the file pointer on the utmp filehandle so repeated searches can be done. endutent Closes the file handle on the utmp file. utmpname SCALAR filename Sets the file that will be used in place of that defined in _PATH_UTMP. It is not defined what will happen if this is done between two calls to getutent() - it is recommended that endutent() is called first. EXPORT No methods or constants are exported by default. Exportable constants These constants are exportable under the tag ':constants': ACCOUNTING BOOT_TIME DEAD_PROCESS EMPTY INIT_PROCESS LOGIN_PROCESS NEW_TIME OLD_TIME RUN_LVL USER_PROCESS These are the values that will be found in the ut_type field of the Sys::Utmp::Utent object. These constants are exported under the tag ':fields' : UT_USER UT_ID UT_LINE UT_PID UT_TYPE UT_HOST UT_TIME These provide the indexes into the list returned when "getutent" is called in list context. BUGS
Probably. This module has been tested on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD ,SCO Openserver and SCO UnixWare and found to work on those platforms. If you have difficulty building the module or it doesnt behave as expected then please contact the author including if appropriate your /usr/include/utmp.h AUTHOR
Jonathan Stowe, <jns@gellyfish.com> LICENCE
This Software is Copyright Netscalibur UK 2001, Jonathan Stowe 2001-2006 This Software is published as-is with no warranty express or implied. This is free software and can be distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl. Sys::Utmp::Utent perl v5.14.2 2006-10-13 Sys::Utmp(3pm)