Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find Script file location inside script Post 101896 by asami on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 05:53:21 AM
Old 03-14-2006
how to find Script file location inside script

I have to find out the file system location of the script file inside script. for example a script "abc.sh" placed anywhere in the file system when executed shold tell by itself the location of it.

example

#pwd
/
#./abc
this is /
#cd /root
#./abc
this is /root
#cd /
#/root/abc
this is /root

Last edited by asami; 03-14-2006 at 07:01 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excutable script to copy a file to a different location.

Hi, I'm try to create an executable file to copy a file to a different location. Help plz. Thanx. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazehcalil
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the geographical location within a shell script

Hi, I need a shell script that when run should be able to find the geographical location of the system. can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Sundeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to find errored files inside directories

Hi people. I working on a script to check for files that they are suposed not to be on the directory. I mean, inside of each directory it must have some files but some could be wrong, and i want to move the files that are wrong. Ex: CSPOTGET edpst/CargadoresSPOT Historicos_Spot_MDI.zip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files inside shell script - ( using find)

Hi, I am using the command find /apps/qualdb/gpcn/scripts/cab_outbound/archive -name 'z*' -mtime +28 -exec rm {} \; in unix command prompt for deleting the files in my unix system under the specfied folder. It was succesfull. But when i running this command inside a shell script name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaram.Nambura
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read file location

I'm writing a bash script that reads a file location from a user, and I'm wondering how to get the script to accept tab to auto complete the directories that are input. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write shelll script to read file location

hi all i have a problem how to read file location..I read file as FILE=/home/tmp/new.file.but t is not useful for me.But i want my script read file location where the file is and copy in directory at boot time. Every time of booting files are copied in respective folder.please help !!!!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to add input at certain location into a file

Hi, I am using Solaris 10 OS and trying to create shell script that can add input at certain location into a file. The input that I am trying to put is new domain name e.g @newdomain.com the file contains, more test01.out user/zzzz786@st.com/INBOX user/zzzz@po.com/INBOX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find whether a particular command has failed inside an sftp script?

hi, how can i know whether a command inside an sftp script has failed or not? i have a sftp expect script #!/usr/bin/expect spawn /usr/bin/sftp abc@ftp.abc.com expect "sftp>" send "cd dir\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput abc.txt\r" expect "sftp>" send "mput def.xls\r" expect "sftp>"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies
FS_NEWCELL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_NEWCELL(1)

NAME
fs_newcell - Changes the kernel-resident list of a cell's database servers SYNOPSIS
fs newcell -name <cell name> -servers <primary servers>+ [-linkedcell <linked cell name>] [-help] fs n -n <cell name> -s <primary servers>+ [-l <linked cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs newcell command removes the Cache Manager's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the cell specified by the -name argument and replaces it with the database server machines named by the -servers argument. Each time the machine reboots, the Cache Manager constructs the kernel list of cells and database server machines by reading the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. This command does not change the CellServDB file, so any changes made with it persist only until the next reboot, unless the issuer also edits the file. The output of the fs listcells command reflects changes made with this command, because that command consults the kernel-resident list rather than the CellServDB file. This command can introduce a completely new cell into the kernel-resident list, but cannot make a cell inaccessible (it is not possible to remove a cell's entry from the kernel-resident list by providing no values for the -server argument). To make a cell inaccessible, remove its entry from the CellServDB file and reboot the machine. If the -name argument names a DCE cell, then the -servers argument names DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines. The -linkedcell argument specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. CAUTIONS
Some commands, such as the aklog or klog.krb5 commands, work correctly only when the information is accurate for a cell in both the CellServDB file and the kernel-resident list. OPTIONS
-name <cell name> Specifies the fully-qualified cell name of the AFS or DCE cell. -servers <primary servers>+ Specifies the fully-qualified hostnames of all AFS database server machines or DFS Fileset Location (FL) Server machines for the cell named by the -name argument. If FL Server machines are specified, the local machine must be running the AFS/DFS Migration Toolkit Protocol Translator. -linkedcell <linked cell name> Specifies the name of the AFS cell to link to a DCE cell for the purpose of DFS fileset location. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the machine's kernel-resident list of database server machines for the ABC Corporation cell to include the machines "db1.abc.com" and "db2.abc.com": % fs newcell -name abc.com -servers db1.abc.com db2.abc.com The following example links the DCE cell "dce.abc.com" to the AFS cell "abc.com". The AFS client contacts the Fileset Location (FL) servers "db1.dce.abc.com" and "db2.dce.abc.com" for fileset location information as it interprets a DFS pathname. % fs newcell -name dce.abc.com -servers db1.dce.abc.com db2.dce.abc.com -linkedcell abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_listcells(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_NEWCELL(1)