Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't understand
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't understand Post 101857 by BoyArcher on Monday 13th of March 2006 06:15:47 PM
Old 03-13-2006
Question can't understand

how i can download this game n start it :S

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't understand this at all.

Ok, i've been trying to write some shell scripts. nothing challenging, but just automating All of the tutorials i read say to start the file with #!/bin/bash or whatever your path to bash is. So i do it, and all of my scripts error out saying ./nameofscript:command not found when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: severndigital
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't quite understand this regex

The following regular expression is found in a book I have been reading. It apparently can be used on an /etc/passwd file to find any accounts which have no password. I am having a heck of a time seeing how it works, and I was wondering if someone could run me through it. I will take a stab at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kermit
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Understand PATH

I'm new to unix so sorry for the confusing question. I installed OPENSSL following these instructions. Installing OpenSSH Packages - SPARC and Intel/Solaris 8 I need to run this command, "openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout server.pf.key -out req.pem" from a keyreq folder I created. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
13 Replies

4. Programming

Trying to understand kernel

Hi all, I'm a user and a programmer of UNIX based systems (mainly FreeBSD and Linux). I have never programmed or tried to fully understand the kernel layer. I haven't a special propouse for learning it, but I'd like to. Can anyone suggest me books, documentation or examples that may help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help can't understand the code

Hi All, Good day, i'm just wondering what is the meaning of this code? COUNT_EXTRACTED_FILE=`${ECHO_CMD} "${SE_IN_PATH}${SE_IN_FILE}" | ${AWK_CMD} -F"__" '{print $2}'` Thanks, -niks(newbie) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't understand!

Hi All, can you please help me to figured out what's the meaning of this. ${SERVER_DATABASE} -b << EOF 2>>/dev/null THanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to understand IFS

Hi , i am in my initial learning phase of unix. i was going thru the function part. below is the example which was there but i am not able to understand logic and the use of IFS(internal field separator) lspath() { OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS=: for DIR in $PATH ; do echo $DIR ; done IFS="$OLDIFS"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

understand sed

cat teledir.txt jai sharma 25853670 chanchal singhvi 9831545629 anil aggarwal 9830263298 shyam saksena 23217847 lalit chowdury 26688726 If i use the below command , it is giving me the output with "," in between two name. how ? and also i would like to know the reason for the space used in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Antony Ankrose
1 Replies
TREK(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   TREK(6)

NAME
trek -- trekkie game SYNOPSIS
trek [-sf] DESCRIPTION
trek is a game of space glory and war. Below is a summary of commands. For complete documentation, see Trek by Eric Allman. The -s flag makes the game somewhat more efficient if you have a (very) slow terminal. The -f flag (the default) is for faster terminals. The game will ask you what length game you would like. Valid responses are ``short'', ``medium'', and ``long''. You may also type ``restart'', which restarts a previously saved game. You will then be prompted for the skill, to which you must respond ``novice'', ``fair'', ``good'', ``expert'', ``commodore'', or ``impossible''. You should normally start out with a novice and work up. In general, throughout the game, if you forget what is appropriate the game will tell you what it expects if you just type in a question mark. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/usd/31.trek AUTHORS
Eric Allman COMMAND SUMMARY
abandon capture cloak up/down computer request; ... damages destruct dock help impulse course distance lrscan move course distance phasers automatic amount phasers manual amt1 course1 spread1 ... torpedo course [yes] angle/no ram course distance rest time shell shields up/down srscan [yes/ no] status terminate yes/no undock visual course warp warp_factor BSD
May 24, 2009 BSD