Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring a directory for new files with .xx and executing command if found Post 101839 by botao on Monday 13th of March 2006 02:41:15 PM
Old 03-13-2006
Tools scan & process & delay

--> process, hide, delay, all over again ...

Quote:
# place to put "processed" files
[ -d prok.d ] || mkdir prok.d
# loop
while true
do
# search for *.xx
for this in *.xx
do
# process
str_xx -i $this
# hide it (to avoid re-processing)
mv $this prok.d
done
# rest for 1 minute
sleep 60
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restoring back files from "lost+found" directory

Hi Friends, How can I Restore the Files present under "lost+found" Directory of a FileSystem (in Solaris & Tru64 OS) to their original Locations. Now-a-days I am loosing lots of files in 2 of my Machines, One running Solaris8 and other Tru64(Digital) Unix. Thanx in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhasarath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command in while loop - how to get control when no files found?

I have the following statement in script: find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN2} -print | while read file; do ... done When there are no files located by the find comand it returns: "find: bad status-- /home/rnitcher/test/....." to the command line How do I get control in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print as well as count the files found by find command

I want the output of the find command to be printed and also the total files found by it. Can someone help in this. Obviously $ find . -type f | wc -l will not output the files found but only the count. I want both. There can be millions and trillions of files so dont want the output of find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CD (change directory) - Not advisable for executing a command

Hi, This is a quick one. I have got a review comment in one of the scripts that i wrote: "In UNIX script it not advisable to use cd to a directory and then run command." Is this true? I was trying to cd to log directory and use some cat or head or ls command. Many Thanks, Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samplify
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip ^M at end of each files for all files found in current directory

I am trying to use a loop to strip of the funny character ^M at the end of all lines in each file found in current directory and I have used the following in a script: find . -type f -name '*.txt' | while read file do echo "stripping ^M from ..." ex - "$file" > $tempfile %s/^M//g wq! # mv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisip99
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the error 'not found' while executing the script

Hi, I am not able to figure out what the problem is: getting the following error sqltst.sh: 1: not found here is the script #!/bin/sh . /home/dev1/.profile . /home/dev1/.infenv `sqlplus -s $REPDB_LOGON << EOF SET SERVEROUT ON SET FEEDBACK OFF SET HEADING OFF SET TRIMSPOOL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

log monitoring continously and executing commands

Hi I want a script which continously searches for a work "MAX xonnections reached" in log file . As soon as it sees the message it needs to do series of steps 1) execute netstat command and redirect output to a file in /tmp 2) again continue monitoring the log file . this job should run until... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a command line in a directory and its subdirectories

I'm finally about to make the jump from PHP's mysql driver to the newer mysqli one using the mysqli converter tool. The tool is called by this command line: php /usr/share/nginx/html/rather/converter/cli.php -d -p ".php,.shtml,.inc" -u -b -v -w >> /tmp/convert.log e.g. at the web root:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Realtime monitoring of files in a directory

Hello Experts, Here are my requirements. I want to monitor a directory and retrieve file properties like file names along with file sizes of files being generated today and that exceeds a threshold limit (say 10MB) using a shell script. Basically this shell script should monitor (kinda... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RamanM
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if files inside a text file are found under a directory

Hi all, Please somebody help me with this: I want to check if the files listed in a text file, are found under a directory or not. For example: the file is list_of_files.txt, which contains inside this rows: # cat list_of_files logs errors paths debug # I want to check if these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
3 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)