Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What does LD_PRELOAD signify? Post 101806 by Perderabo on Monday 13th of March 2006 10:43:07 AM
Old 03-13-2006
LD_PRELOAD is not supported on HP-UX by the dynamic loader and I'm not aware of any other program that uses it.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

LD_PRELOAD on x86_64 gives error from ld.so

I have implemented an interposer for open() and open64() system call. This interposer is implemented in interposer.c and I have compiled it in a shared library (libinterposer.so) using the following commands: gcc -g -fPIC -s -o interposer.o -c interposer.c gcc -s -g -shared -nostartfiles ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Mukherje
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

LD_PRELOAD on HP UX?

Hi , Is LD_PRELOAD supported on HP UX? I am having issues when i export the below export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/vertex/commtax_1.0.16/64bit/lib/libctq.so ldd /usr/local/vertex/commtax_1.0.16/64bit/lib/libctq.so /usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libodbc.so'. Killed Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psreddy1234
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Preloading libraries.. LD_PRELOAD

well i know what LD_PRELOAD is. Now suppose i have hooked a function XDrawString in the my library (Mylib.so.1) and then used the command export LD_PRELOAD=/path/mylib.so.1 Now suppose i open Xeditor by typing 'xeditor' in the console, my library is geting used, so i knw that this applilcation is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manchester
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Declaring LD_PRELOAD system wide for dynamic loading

Dear Fellows; As being new to linux, i have tried to synamically load a custom library which overrides some system calls like conncet(), socket() etc.... for custom purposes. It works well, if declaring the environment path LD_PRELOAD and execution of the application to be override... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
0 Replies

5. Programming

LD_PRELOAD getting ignored .. can anyone tell me why ?

I had it working but i screwed up something and now i get me@mymachine:~$ LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/libf1.o ldd FCaller ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/me/libf1.o' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored. ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/me/libf1.o' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored. ERROR:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetworkLearning
3 Replies
TNAT64(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TNAT64(1)

NAME
tnat64 - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the tnat64(8) library to transparently allow an application to connect to IPv4 hosts via NAT64 on IPv6-only systems when the application doesn't support IPv6 itself. SYNOPSIS
tnat64 [application [application's arguments]] or tnat64 [on|off] or tnat64 DESCRIPTION
tnat64 is a wrapper between the tnat64 library and the application what you would like to run through NAT64. OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that tnat64(8) will transparently forward all connec- tions to the NAT64 via IPv6 [on|off] this option adds or removes tnat64(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. When tnat64(8) is in this variable all executed applications are automatically NAT64-ed. If you want to use this function, you HAVE to source the shell script from yours, like this: "source /usr/bin/tnat64" or ". /usr/bin/tnat64" Example: ". tnat64 on" -- add the tnat64 lib to LD_PRELOAD ". tnat64 off" -- remove the tnat64 lib from LD_PRELOAD [show|sh] show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD variable <without any argument> create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including tnat64(8). AUTHOR
This script was created by Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> for the Debian package of tsocks. It (along with this manual page) have since been adapted into the main tsocks project and modified, and then modified to be used with tnat64. TNAT64 TNAT64(1)