Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Effect of Preemptive Kernel
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Effect of Preemptive Kernel Post 101802 by jim mcnamara on Monday 13th of March 2006 10:35:28 AM
Old 03-13-2006
IT sounds like you're using linux. Did you recompile/update the kernel?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive effect!!

I run the following command in some of my folders... and ended up with a huge mess!! find . -type f -exec perl -e 's/blabla/zzzxxxx/gi' -p -i.bak {} \; I had to kill the process and later when I checked with one of my folders.. ls vaditerm.dt.bak vaditerm.dt.bak.bak... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do properties effect script?

Hi, I have noticed that rm -if will perform completely different to rm -fi. Whats the pattern of how I put my options to the script in relation to how it will act. i.e rm -fi treat the remove as interative but rm -if treats it as forced Thansk, Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
1 Replies

3. Solaris

will this script in crontab effect SUN 9??

Hi all, I work in Sun Solaris 9. I am plan to put the following script(remove90dysOldrfiles.sh) in CRONTAB for removing huge huge number of files those are older than 90 days from different directory. In the Crontab i will set the time for everymidnight it will search 90days older file and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Network Effect - Part 1

2008-10-31T22:46:14+01:00 http://geekandpoke.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d3df553ef010535ce543e970c-800wi Nicholas Carr (and here) has some problems with Tim O'Reilly's theory about the cloud and the network effect. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~f/GeekAndPoke?i=OFn0M... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give dictionary effect ?

Hello, In google: if we type the text like :- It gives us a question saying :- I want to know how to write a shell script to give this Dictionary effect. example:If we give "lst" then it corrects us saying "list". Can you please help me with a sample code! friends..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DST did not take effect on 3 Linux servers

RHEL AS 3 running on x86 hardware. That have been patched for DST but did not change a few weeks back when time changed over. Explanation of the issue from another party. The servers in questions maintain their TOY clock local time instead of UTC. As by defined functionality It prevents NTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What crontab is in effect after reboot

A basic cron question and I hope I explain it enough. If a person creates a file to use with cron and issues the followin command: crontab I understand this will set the cron entries to whatever is in . However, if we now edit the crontab with: crontab -e and save, how does cron... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niswonp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias has no effect in script

It doesn't have effect in script but it works on the terminal root@server:/opt/kvm/usecases/logs# alias echo='echo -e' root@server:/opt/kvm/usecases/logs# echo "xxxx\n" xxxx root@server:/opt/kvm/usecases/logs# cat xx.sh #!/bin/bash alias echo='echo -n' echo "sssf \n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk set $1 to itself, effect on $0

jotne posted an interesting thread an hour or two ago, and ended up with the following: awk '{$1=$1} /^+$/' file I had a question about the effect of $1=$1 assignment, and thought it better to start a new thread, because it's really a different topic. $ cat test.sh set -v echo " abcd" | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanson44
3 Replies
RPLAY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RPLAY(1)

NAME
rplay - play, pause, continue, and stop sounds SYNOPSIS
rplay [options] [sound ...] DESCRIPTION
rplay is client that communicates with rplayd to play, pause, continue, and stop sounds using both the RPLAY and RPTP protocols. Sound files can be played by rplayd directly if available on the local system or sounds can be sent over the network using UDP or TCP/IP. rplay will attempt to determine whether or not the server has the sound before using the network. OPTIONS
-b BYTES, --buffer-size=BYTES Use of a buffer size of BYTES when playing sounds using RPTP flows. The default is 8K. -c, --continue Continue sounds. -n N, --count=N Number of times to play the sound, default = 1. -N N, --list-count=N Number of times to play all the sounds, default = 1. --list-name=NAME Name this list NAME. rplayd appends sounds with the same NAME into the same sound list -- it plays them sequentially. --help Display helpful information. -h HOST, --host=HOST, --hosts=HOST Specify the rplay host, default = localhost. -i INFO, --info=INFO Audio information for a sound file. This option is intended to be used when sounds are read from standard input. INFO must be of the form: `format,sample-rate,bits,channels,byte-order,offset' Examples: ulaw,8000,8,1,big-endian,0 gsm,8000 Shorthand info is provided for Sun's audio devices using the following options: --info-amd, --info-dbri, --info-cs4231. There's also: --info-ulaw and --info-gsm. -p, --pause Pause sounds. --port=PORT Use PORT instead of the default RPLAY/UDP or RPTP/TCP port. -P N, --priority=N Play sounds at priority N (0 <= N <= 255), default = 0. -r, --random Randomly choose one of the given sounds. --reset Tell the server to reset itself. --rplay, --RPLAY Force the use of the RPLAY protocol. The default protocol to be used is determined by checking whether or not the server has local access to the specified sounds. RPLAY is used when sounds are accessible, otherwise RPTP and possibly flows are used. RPLAY will also be used when sound accessibility cannot be determined. --rptp, --RPTP Force the use of the RPTP protocol. See `--rplay' for more information about protocols. -R N, --sample-rate=N Play sounds at sample rate N, default = 0. -s, --stop Stop sounds. --version Print the rplay version and exit. -v N, --volume=N Play sounds at volume N (0 <= N <= 255), default = 127. SEE ALSO
rplayd(8), rptp(1) 6/29/98 RPLAY(1)