Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: run MySQL on linux
Operating Systems Linux run MySQL on linux Post 101775 by zazzybob on Monday 13th of March 2006 04:57:34 AM
Old 03-13-2006
Have you read the documentation available from http://www.mysql.org ?

If not, that's a good place to start. Full installation/configuration documentation is available from the site.

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mysql not starting with fedora linux

Hi... I have installed mysql in Fedora and when i tried to start mysql the error i get was "Asked for 196608 thread stack" What might be the problem???? I have tried all ways but doesnt work out........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup of user a/c in mysql in linux

Hi Friends, I am new user of linux operating system. I wanted to install a software but facing a difficulty. I am not able to proceed to the next statement without resolving this. WFT is the software i need for my purpose. Setup a MySQL user account for WTF that will have access to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alma
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking which mysql dbd is installed on linux

Hi, I am new to linux, and i want to know which mysql dbd is installed on linux, what is the command to check this. bash-2.05$ uname -a Linux SURINT01 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown Thanks Prakash GR (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
6 Replies

4. Web Development

about php.ini and mysql linux

I can't use mysql .How should i config the file of php.ini . the message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_errno() in /var/www/html/inc/dv_clssql.php on line 129 how should i do? please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fang_xiaoan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run bash script from within MySQL

Can someone tell me the syntax to run a shell script from within MySQL? I know there is a way to do it, but I can't remember the syntax. I thought it was something like: mysql> \. /user/myscript; but I get this error: Failed to open file '/user/myscript;', error: 2 Please help!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterv6
4 Replies

6. Linux

PHP is not execute the query from mysql in Linux

Hi , I have ran the php script from Linux box. It is running, But I can able to see any html content. There is no mysql data on that page. I have checked . 1) Mysql and data bases are connected successfully. Please help and guild me If I missed any think during the configuration. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Shell Commands after creating MYSQL Connection

Hi, I am trying to make a Shell Script using which I will update around 10K records in MySQL db each night. For that, I am currently doing the following command in FOR LOOP: mysql -D $MASTER_DB_NAME -h $MASTER_DB_HOST -u $MASTER_DB_USER -p$MASTER_DB_PASSWD -e "$SQL_Query" This command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulmittal87
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux)

I am trying to start a server for a class I am in but... mysql won't start with this error ( ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) ) ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer939
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write MySQL query in text file and run in Linux?

I would like to call a .sql file from a .sh file in linux. The .sql file will contain queries to MySQL database. I am able to call the .sql file by running .sh file in linux, but the sql query is not working. Below is my syntax. The select statement is throwing below error. ./sample.sql: line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qytan
1 Replies
Session::Store::MySQL(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Session::Store::MySQL(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL - Store persistent data in a MySQL database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a MySQL database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions', or another table name if you provide the TableName argument: id char(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session text To create this schema, you can execute this command using the mysql program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id char(32) not null primary key, a_session text ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are: DataSource UserName Password TableName Handle Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l', TableName => 'sessions' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::MySQL(3)