Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AdvFS Filesets
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AdvFS Filesets Post 10158 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 8th of November 2001 02:13:40 PM
Old 11-08-2001
backups or mirroring

Moca4444,

Please tell me that you had some kind of backup of the data. OR have you mirrored the disks or RAID 5 the disks?

If you haven't done one of these things, then you might be in trouble.

Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting advfs in single-user mode

Hi! I am trying to mount a file system (advfs) in single-user mode. The goal is to make a vdump of the partition The command I am using is: mount -t advfs domain#gaston /usr/local/gaston But appears the following error: No such domain, file.... Any help? Thanks in advance Gaston (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmoyano
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

3. AIX

Update particular filesets

Hello, I must update xlC component for AIX 5300-03 system. The lslpp command displays following output: lslpp -l | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 9.0.0.5 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.2 xlC.cpp 6.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yac
2 Replies

4. AIX

Merging filesets for OS Upgrade

I have a complete set of AIX install media for 5307 TL1. I also have on DVD the upgrade files compiled by IBM to upgrade a server from AIX 5305 to 5308TL2. If I run an upgrade from the IBM supplied DVD (smit upgrade_all) then the upgrade fails complaining about a large number of missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
2 Replies

5. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

6. AIX

Problem with Filesets

Hello, In my server ihave a problem with some installed packages ... /root#lslpp -l | grep LGTO LGTOnw.clnt.rte 7.4.2.0 COMMITTED NetWorker Client lslpp: Error while processing fileset 9f827e6ef6ec223edb338bc4c37632ae. lslpp: No match was found for the SWVPD data search. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boudine
2 Replies

7. AIX

Miss filesets

Hello everyone I updated a partition from TL06 to TL09, everything looks ok. I check the errpt comand, lppchk -v and both are fine. But when I type this command I got this $ instfix -i |grep ML All filesets for 5300-02_AIX_ML were found. All filesets for 5.3.0.0_AIX_ML were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

8. AIX

filesets nim client

Hello everyone I was looking for the filesets to install a nim client on a linux box. (red hat 5 for power) I have the nim master on aix box and I have different nim client with aix. I download some filesets fron aix cd to linux box, but Im still hang up. Some one know where I can find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

9. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

10. AIX

Filesets for IBM ultrium lto 5 (SAS)

i connect an ibm ultrium lto 5 (sas) to an 8204-e8a (v6.1 TL5 SP 1) then i do an cfgmgr and get message about missing filesets devices.pciex.1410ca03 devices.pciex.pciexclass.00107 devices.pciex.00107200 devices.pciex.pciex100.72.3 and a few others i try to find the filesets on the two OS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXBlueCat
1 Replies
advfs_set_file_attributes(3)				     Library Functions Manual				      advfs_set_file_attributes(3)

NAME
advfs_set_file_attributes - Set AdvFS file attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/advfs_syscalls.h> int advfs_set_file_attributes( int fd, fileAttributesT *fileAttributes ); LIBRARY
AdvFS Library (libadvfs) PARAMETERS
An open file descriptor of the file for which you want attributes set. A pointer to a structure that contains the file attributes. DESCRIPTION
This function sets a file's AdvFS-specific attributes to the attributes that are defined in the specified fileAttributes structure. How- ever, the function does not set any attributes that are marked as reserved in the fileAttributes structure. RESTRICTIONS
If the stripe.segmentCnt field is set to a value greater than the total number of volumes in the AdvFS file domain, an error is returned. You must have the AdvFS Advanced Utilities license to set a file's mapType to XMT_STRIPE. RETURN VALUES
The function returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. The function returns a value of -1 on failure and sets the value of errno to the specific error. ERRORS
The function sets errno to the specified errors for the following failure conditions: The file descriptor fd is not pointing to a file that resides in an AdvFS fileset. An I/O error occurred on one of the disks containing the file. The fileAttributes.writeOrder field contains a value other than ADVFS_WO_ASYNC_WRITE, ADVFS_WO_DATA_LOGGING, or ADVFS_WO_SYNC_WRITE. The fileAttributes.mapType field contains a value other than XMT_SIMPLE or XMT_STRIPE. The fileAttributes.mapType field is set to XMT_STRIPE and the fileAttributes.stripe.segmentCnt field contains a value less than 2 or greater than the number of volumes in the domain. There is not enough memory available for the operation. SEE ALSO
Commands: chfile(8), showfile(8), stripe(8) Functions: open(2), advfs_get_file_attributes(3) advfs_set_file_attributes(3)