Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: routing table
Special Forums IP Networking routing table Post 101565 by zazzybob on Thursday 9th of March 2006 05:08:01 PM
Old 03-09-2006
netstat -rn to view the routing table

I create a script under /etc/rc.2/ with the appropriate route statements in it to add static routes.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Routing Table

How can i set an permanent route so that itīs still here after a reboot ? i have a gateways file Thanks :confused: :confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redcrosskbg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not following routing table

Hi, I'm trying to connect to a network device, with the connection follwoing the UNIX routing table we set up. Its to go via a specific network Gateway and out throught a specific Lan card (Lan4). However when trying to conenct it keeps going through Lan3 and will not get to its destination.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

routing table (netstat -rn)

Is ther a way to retain say, a default gateway entered in a routing table after a reboot? I end up always having to re-enter my default gateway after I reboot my system. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thundrrod
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Ip routing table

hi all, how to access ip routing table throgh program, how should i integrate my rip routing table with the ip routing table :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodkumar
0 Replies

5. AIX

Dynamic routing table

i have AIX Unix with "dynamic routing table" service enabled, but i do not need this service. How i can disable this service. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsnbr
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Routing table

Hi all, I am confusing with routing table, i use linux and iptables. i have 1 internet gateway, and 1 router for VPN. here is my network. eth0=192.168.0.1 eth1=192.168.100.1 192.168.0.0/24 --- eth0(Linux Box)eth1 ---(DSL)---Internet | ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
4 Replies

7. Linux

Routing Table

Hello, how to make entries in routing table perminent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teenasuresh
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

routing table question

I have below routing table in linux kernel 2.6.9 # netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 10.155.24.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.252.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

IP routing table restore

Hello. Is there any way to restore back the default ip routing table ? For example, my current routing table is something like Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 109.123.95.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anid
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

how to read routing table

Hi all, Could someone please explain to me how I should read this routing table, # netstat -rn Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Interface Pmtu 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 0 lo0 32808 10.222.47.82 10.222.47.82 UH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies
routes(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 routes(4)

NAME
routes - Specifies Internet routing information to the routing tables SYNOPSIS
/etc/routes DESCRIPTION
Static routes can be defined in the /etc/routes file. The /etc/routes file identifies static routes that are automatically added to the network routing tables with the /usr/sbin/route add command. The /sbin/init.d/route script contains the /usr/sbin/route add command that is executed for each entry in the /etc/routes file when the network is restarted on the system or the system is rebooted. The general format of an entry in the /etc/routes file is: Dest Name1 Name2 The following is a brief description of each element in an /etc/routes file entry: A keyword that indicates whether the route is to a net- work or to a host. The two possible keywords are -net and -host. The name or address of the destination network or host. Name1 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts or /etc/networks file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. The name or address of the gateway host to which messages should be forwarded. Name2 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. The routes file is a Context-Dependent Symbolic Link (CDSL) and must be maintained as such. See the System Administration manual for more information. EXAMPLES
To specify a route to a network through a gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: -net net2 host4 This example specifies a route to a network, net2, through the gateway host4. To specify a route to a host through a gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: -host host2 host4 This example specifies a route to a host, host2, through the gateway host4. To specify a route to a default gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: default 130.9.0.5 This example specifies a route to a default gateway with an Internet address of 130.9.0.5. FILES
Contains the /usr/sbin/routed add command. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: route(8) Daemons: gated(8), routed(8) Files: gated.conf(4) Network Administration delim off routes(4)