Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Machine running out of RAM
Operating Systems Linux Machine running out of RAM Post 101521 by izy100 on Thursday 9th of March 2006 09:09:27 AM
Old 03-09-2006
Tell me about the server model.
Is it a SUN v40z?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

leave a process running in a remote machine

Hi, I would like to run a process in my gentoo machine from a consolte (putty) in Windows and would like that this process keep on going when I close the console in Windows (i.e closing this session). The process should take a long time and I do not want to leave the Windows machine running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbasil
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel and initrd on machine with little amount of RAM

(rus cp1251) Вобщем смысл поста такой: я пытаюсь сделать Linux на дискетке и всё это опробовать на 386... =D поскольку памяти там мало, а ядро и initrd вроде как зажаты, я хотел бы узнать а) я сделал ядро (bzImage) оно 600 Кб. оно в памяти займёт 600 Кб или оно ещё разожмётся? б) аналогично с initrd. и ещё: он вроде 4МБ а можно в параметрах ядра сделать поменьше, можно-ли в 1-2МБ памяти уместить initrd и ядро? (eng) i am try to make linux on diskette and run it on i386... =D there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MR.Z
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running script on remote machine

if i have a script in my system which i need to run on remote system using ssh, how shall i do it? One easy way to to first scp it to remote machine and then run it on remote machine using ssh. Is there any one step way to do it. Preferably one in which i should give password only once (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script running on remote machine - How ??

Hi All, This was an interview question " There is a clean-up shell-script in one UNIX machine and it is connected to 100 other UNIX machines. Howe can we run the script on all the 100 machines without ftping/copying the script to target machines ? I was unable to answer, please answer if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbhai
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute cronjob running in a different machine?

Hi, I am developing 1 script in which I need to execute one cron job running in different server and my script is in different server. so can any one help me to execute the cronjob set in different server. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

GUI for Gutsy running a SPARC Machine

I am having a hard time trying to find a repository that supports Gutsy 7.10 SPARC (I'm running a Sun Blade 1000 with an Ultra SPARC processor). Any idea how i can get a gui on my machine? Thanks in advance for the help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
2 Replies

8. Solaris

What are the consequences of running out of ram with Oracle DB 10g?

So, the obvious problem is paging to disk and the resulting impact on performance. What other concerns would you worry about? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DustinT
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep a script on remote machine running (nohup?)

Hi, I'm using expect to ssh into remote machine (i know its not the best practice), and run script "script.sh". This "script.sh" checks whether an other process (some another script) is running and if not, it runs it as some other user. #!/bin/bash /usr/bin/expect << EOD set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
5 Replies
lpinfo(8)							    Apple Inc.								 lpinfo(8)

NAME
lpinfo - show available devices or drivers SYNOPSIS
lpinfo [ -E ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -l ] [ --device-id device-id-string ] [ --exclude-schemes scheme-list ] [ --include-schemes scheme- list ] [ --language locale ] [ --make-and-model name ] [ --product name ] -m lpinfo [ -E ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -l ] [ --exclude-schemes scheme-list ] [ --include-schemes scheme-list ] [ --timeout seconds ] -v DESCRIPTION
lpinfo lists the available devices or drivers known to the CUPS server. The first form (-m) lists the available drivers, while the second form (-v) lists the available devices. OPTIONS
lpinfo accepts the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -h server[:port] Selects an alternate server. -l Shows a "long" listing of devices or drivers. --device-id device-id-string Specifies the IEEE-1284 device ID to match when listing drivers with the -m option. --exclude-schemes scheme-list Specifies a comma-delimited list of device or PPD schemes that should be excluded from the results. Static PPD files use the "file" scheme. --include-schemes scheme-list Specifies a comma-delimited list of device or PPD schemes that should be included in the results. Static PPD files use the "file" scheme. --language locale Specifies the language to match when listing drivers with the -m option. --make-and-model name Specifies the make and model to match when listing drivers with the -m option. --product name Specifies the product to match when listing drivers with the -m option. --timeout seconds Specifies the timeout when listing devices with the -v option. CONFORMING TO
The lpinfo command is unique to CUPS. EXAMPLES
List all devices: lpinfo -v List all drivers: lpinfo -m List drivers matching "HP LaserJet": lpinfo --make-and-model "HP LaserJet" -m SEE ALSO
lpadmin(8), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 12 June 2014 CUPS lpinfo(8)