Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Breaking output for specific pattern Post 101408 by shoeb_syed on Wednesday 8th of March 2006 03:00:44 AM
Old 03-08-2006
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravgoel
Hi,

Try using cut command, with -c option
look into man pages for it,

Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav for your adv.

Will post back if fails to use the command.

Best Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify specific pattern

hello I want to create a folder under all partitions that are : /hostname1 /hostname2..... how to exclude /hostname (i.e start directly with /hostname1) thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a specific pattern

Hi I have a file in the following format: ftrn facc ttrd feed xref #1 1365 1366 1367 1097 1098 #2 1368 1369 1370 1095 1096 #3 1371 1372 1373 1065 1066 #4 1374 1375 1376 1099 1100 #5 1377 1378 1379 1080 1081 #6 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for very specific pattern with less

Hi, I want to search a certain pattern with less command in a files. For examples, I have a files with this entry: POLAR xx POLARX xc POLARXI x1 POLARZZZY vb POLARLLLLLLL ee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anjas
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output breaking when returning multiple values

I've been trying to write a command-line function to grab a website's MX records and their ip addresses. The code below works with domains that only have one MX record: function kmx { mx=`host -t MX $1 | awk '{ print $7 }'`; ip=`host $mx | sed '/IPv6/d;/handled/d' | awk '{ print $4 }'`; ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking the sum of a column when specific pattern is found

Hi Am trying to sum up a file # cat /Out maths 2 0.0 english 2091 0.2 history -1 0.0 physics 18 0.0 -------------------------------------- maths ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to get lines before specific pattern

Hi , I want to insert data into a new file after grepping specific pattern . for more info please read following for example: abc=12345678902222 def=45678904444 ------- ------- INAVLID ABC I want to "INAVLID ABC" grep above pattern from multiple files and want to write abc value and ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin auja
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
DATEFMT_GET_PATTERN(3)							 1						    DATEFMT_GET_PATTERN(3)

IntlDateFormatter::getPattern - Get the pattern used for the IntlDateFormatter

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public string IntlDateFormatter::getPattern (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string datefmt_get_pattern (IntlDateFormatter $fmt) Get pattern used by the formatter. PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The formatter resource. RETURN VALUES
The pattern string being used to format/parse. EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_get_pattern(3) example <?php $fmt = datefmt_create( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN, 'MM/dd/yyyy' ); echo 'pattern of the formatter is : ' . datefmt_get_pattern($fmt); echo 'First Formatted output with pattern is ' . datefmt_format($fmt, 0); datefmt_set_pattern($fmt,'yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss z'); echo 'Now pattern of the formatter is : ' . datefmt_get_pattern($fmt); echo 'Second Formatted output with pattern is ' . datefmt_format($fmt, 0); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new IntlDateFormatter( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN, 'MM/dd/yyyy' ); echo 'pattern of the formatter is : ' . $fmt->getPattern(); echo 'First Formatted output is ' . $fmt->format(0); $fmt->setPattern('yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss z'); echo 'Now pattern of the formatter is : ' . $fmt->getPattern(); echo 'Second Formatted output is ' . $fmt->format(0); ?> The above example will output: pattern of the formatter is : MM/dd/yyyy First Formatted output is 12/31/1969 Now pattern of the formatter is : yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss z Second Formatted output is 19690031 04:00:00 PST SEE ALSO
datefmt_set_pattern(3), datefmt_create(3). PHP Documentation Group DATEFMT_GET_PATTERN(3)