Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Breaking output for specific pattern Post 101396 by shoeb_syed on Wednesday 8th of March 2006 01:23:02 AM
Old 03-08-2006
Breaking output for specific pattern

Respected Sirs,

I have a text file which is unfortunately unformatted. I have something like

191728/02/06226278
191828/02/06226279
191928/02/06226280
192028/02/06226281
192128/02/06226282

Can some one suggest me the way so that I can store
28/02/06

in different variables.

I am using SCO Open Serve 5.

Thanks in advance for help / suggestion.

Best Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify specific pattern

hello I want to create a folder under all partitions that are : /hostname1 /hostname2..... how to exclude /hostname (i.e start directly with /hostname1) thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a specific pattern

Hi I have a file in the following format: ftrn facc ttrd feed xref #1 1365 1366 1367 1097 1098 #2 1368 1369 1370 1095 1096 #3 1371 1372 1373 1065 1066 #4 1374 1375 1376 1099 1100 #5 1377 1378 1379 1080 1081 #6 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for very specific pattern with less

Hi, I want to search a certain pattern with less command in a files. For examples, I have a files with this entry: POLAR xx POLARX xc POLARXI x1 POLARZZZY vb POLARLLLLLLL ee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anjas
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output breaking when returning multiple values

I've been trying to write a command-line function to grab a website's MX records and their ip addresses. The code below works with domains that only have one MX record: function kmx { mx=`host -t MX $1 | awk '{ print $7 }'`; ip=`host $mx | sed '/IPv6/d;/handled/d' | awk '{ print $4 }'`; ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking the sum of a column when specific pattern is found

Hi Am trying to sum up a file # cat /Out maths 2 0.0 english 2091 0.2 history -1 0.0 physics 18 0.0 -------------------------------------- maths ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to get lines before specific pattern

Hi , I want to insert data into a new file after grepping specific pattern . for more info please read following for example: abc=12345678902222 def=45678904444 ------- ------- INAVLID ABC I want to "INAVLID ABC" grep above pattern from multiple files and want to write abc value and ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin auja
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
POP3D(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  POP3D(8)

NAME
pop3d - POP3 server process SYNOPSIS
pop3d [ -C config-file ] [ -U uses ] [ -T timeout ] [ -D ] [ -s ] [ -k ] [ -p ssf ] DESCRIPTION
Pop3d is a POP3 server. It accepts commands on its standard input and responds on its standard output. It MUST invoked by cyrmaster(8) with those descriptors attached to a remote client connection. Pop3d reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. If the directory log/user exists under the directory specified in the configdirectory configuration option, then pop3d will create protocol telemetry logs for sessions authenticating as user. The telemetry logs will be stored in the log/user directory with a filename of the pop3d process-id. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -U uses The maximum number of times that the process should be used for new connections before shutting down. The default is 250. -T timeout The number of seconds that the process will wait for a new connection before shutting down. Note that a value of 0 (zero) will dis- able the timeout. The default is 60. -D Run external debugger specified in debug_command. -s Serve POP3 over SSL (pop3s). All data to and from pop3d is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer. -k Serve MIT's KPOP (Kerberized POP) protocol instead. -p ssf Tell pop3d that an external layer exists. An SSF (security strength factor) of 1 means an integrity protection layer exists. Any higher SSF implies some form of privacy protection. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), cyrmaster(8) CMU
Project Cyrus POP3D(8)